|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
- Zara Jacquard Jacket (Rs. 5390): This jacket from Zara serves a heavy helping of eccentric sophistication with its unique weave and bright colors. Mix it up with patterned shorts to raise the cool quotient of your weekend wear or throw it over a pair of white denim and white tee to let the jacket take center stage.
- Mango Jacket (Rs. 4490): Statement pieces plus basics give way to one pretty flawless and pretty easy outfit formula. Revamp your tried and true LBD by pairing it with this cool cover up or pair it with your favorite well-worn summer shorts to give it a casual spin.
- Forever 21 Blazer (Rs.1850 approx): A subtle, versatile pattern on the sleeves is perfect those hesitant to tackle the print trend head-on. Keep everything else soft and neutral, and let this graphic style be your statement piece.
- Forever New Jacket (Rs. 6000): It perfectly achieves that office-to-happy-hour look with it's crisp and classic cut, yet ever so trendy print. Throw it over over indigo denim and a black tee for instant chic.
- Butterfly Print Jacket (Rs. 1690; Jabong.com): This blazer with its eclectic butterfly print is young and fun. Throw it over a little bright dress to spice up your weekend look.
- Print Jacket (Rs.1875; Koovs.com): A blazer is the easiest way to give yourself that polished professional look, but sometimes, we're looking for a bit more fun. This jacket from Koovs perfectly fits the bill. Pair this with any of your office outfits to achieve what we like to call a'"crazy corporate chic."
At the Spring Summer 2013 shows, designers left little to the imagination, favoring light, sheer fabrics in their collection. They played with the transparency of the fabric to create volume, infuse sex appeal and to allow summer layering. Designers like Donna Karen, Temperly London, Emilio Pucci, Christopher Kane created stunning sheer wonders. Some covered the bodice at just the right places; some showed off the perfect amount of leg from behind a flimsy fabric and some proudly bared the delicate underwear underneath.
A few of the runway looks surely look a bit too daring to try out in the streets of our country, but a girl can certainly take inspiration in small doses. A sheer piece can add that sultry element to a look with ease without risking too much of a skin show. There's nothing quite like a touch of sheer, especially for night.
Here are a few rules to play by when wearing sheer. The most important is layering. Even though that hot lace bra under a sheer button down shirt looks uber cool, you don’t want to call upon too much attention. So when wearing sheer always carry a well fitted blazer or casual cardigan with you in case you need to layer up in an emergency. Number two is if your lingerie is going to be visible, make sure it is color coordinated and fits perfectly. Last but not the least, yes, this trend IS for everybody! Not keen on showing skin? Lining and matching slips and singlets will help you wear this trend without making you feel conscious. Hope our picks for the season inspire you to try the sheer trend!
- Zara Dress (Rs. 3390): We kick start our list with this fabulous dress from Zara. It is very stylish and safe enough for everybody to wear. It is the perfect piece to invest in if you are at just the introductory stage with this trend. We would like to see this beauty worn with bright red stilettos and matching red lips.
- Vero Moda Dress (Rs. 5785 approx): We love how this sexy black halter dress comes with a twist of sheer layering. A great outfit to wear to a formal dinner with statement earrings and a sleek up-do. Let the dress do all the talking.
- Forever 21 Shirt (Rs. 1073 approx): This two-toned shirt is a keeper. It can be worn for both work and play by simply styling it in different ways. Pair it with mint green skinny jeans and loafers or with a well fitted leather skirt. Either way the shirt is sure to make a statement.
- Mango Top (Rs. 990): Sheer raglan sleeves are simply adorable and this top is a total steal at just Rs. 990. The best part is that you can dress it up or down depending on the kind of accessories you choose. Great for all occasions, we say.
- Promod Top (Rs. 2473 approx): A pretty white sheer top is obviously a must have for summer. A great way to create a unique look with this top is to pair it with denim overalls. If you are not a fashion risk taker, try it with a sheer maxi skirt for a soft romantic look.
- Koovs Top (Rs. 1299): We love how this top from koovs.com has a Mondrian inspired feel. Of course, color block is always fashion forward and you can continue the trend by pairing this top with a bright colored skirt or pants in a shocking red or neon pink. Make sure to wear statement accessories to make a fab look out of this.
- Forever New Shirt Dress (Rs. 1800): Shirt dresses are the perfect fix for a lazy day when you are not really in the mood to dress up. Throw in a braided belt, a light summer cardigan and some thong sandals for a relaxed yet stylish look. We love how shirt dresses can also be worn as tops for a change - just tuck these into an A - line skirt. Fashion is all about being versatile.
- Asos Dress (Rs. 3715 approx): We have left our best find for last. This dress can do no wrong. Gorgeous mint color - Check. Cutout detail to make the outfit interesting - Check. Slits to highlight legs - Double check. A beautiful ensemble is ready for you. All you need is a pair of killer black heels and a tiny clutch to rock this outfit.
That was our lowdown on the sheer trend. See, we told you there is a tasteful way to flaunt some skin. Hope to see all of you invest in a sheer piece soon, before it starts pouring because rainy season and sheer clothing simply do not go well together. We hope you can beat the heat this summer by staying breezy and cool with these gorgeous pieces.
We don't think our readers need a reminder that Mother's Day is just round the corner. Although your love for her might know no bounds but at times finding the perfect gift for the 'Best' mother in the world can be bit tricky. After all, what can befit the one person who has helped you shape your life by being your mentor, your best friend, your stylist, your therapist and the list goes on and on. Chances are she will appreciate the gift that's as unique as she is. We have rounded up 9 of the best Mother's Day give that your mom deserves to receive:
- Print Tote (Rs. 3510; Limeroad.com): Thanks to the functional shape and cool festive pattern, this bag will become your mom's wardrobe staple in no time at all.
- Jewelry Stand (Rs. 2299; Thehomelabel.com): Help mom organize her baubles while making her dressing table look aesthetically appealing.
- Guess Watch (Rs. 9900; Watchkart.com): Classic and chic, this Guess watch will impress even the most sartorial mom.
- Apron (Rs. 599; Vouchersmate.com): For the real superhero in your life. A whimsical apron is a fun gift for the mom who loves to cook.
- Tea Cup Set (Rs. 2280; Fabfurnish.com): Help her get a good start to the day with this sleek tea cup set. The contemporary design and the practical coaster tray will make her morning shot of caffeine a little bit chicer and not to mention that she will be thinking of you every morning.
- Lamp Shade (Rs. 1950; Fabfurnish.com): An absolutely dazzling take on an otherwise basic bedside staple. This statement lamp shade is perfect for the mom who likes to show off her bold sense of decor.
Health Conscious Mother
- Yoga Package (Rs. 1600; Healthkart.com): Mom's may not always find the time to exercise, that is why a yoga package serves as the perfect gift to remind her to carve out some much needed me-time. There is an option to go with a one month trial package or a 6 month membership.
- Sugar Free Hamper (Rs. 2049; Fnp.com) : Ready to gift, this hamper skims on the calories but not the sweetness. It comes filled with healthy satisfying snacks from mood uplifting tea to tasty jam, biscuits and chocolate.
- The Joy of Living Book (Rs. 379; flipkar.com): Way beyond run-of- the mill chick flick reads, give the book lover mom a title that will help her relax and unwind after a long day at work.
Who says you have to spend a fortune on new clothes to stay on trend for the upcoming season? An easy but totally impactful way to add of-the-moment edge to the season of pretty sundresses and sandals is with some cheery new nail paint. Today we bring you few fresh & lovely nail ideas that are super easy to try at home:
Black & White: Bring the classic black and white combo at your finger tips with a simple graphic or stripe pattern.
- Konad (Rs.260; Jabong.com)
- Faces (Rs.189; Beautycafe.com)
- Inglot (Rs.490; Majorbrands.in)
- Colorma Maybelline (Rs.99; Myntra.com)
Pastels: Flirty and feminine, manicure in soft sorbet hues is a must have for the warm weather ahead.
- Faces (Rs.199; Goodlife.com)
- Bourjois (Rs.350; Asos.com)
- Inglot (Rs.490; Majorbrands.in)
- Love & Beauty(Rs. 150; Forever 21)
Glitter: The festive season might be over but keep the party going by adding some sparkle to your digits. Keep it seasonal by using pretty pastels as your base.
- O.P.I (Rs.575; Asos.com)
- China Glaze (Rs.500; 365gorgeous.in)
- Meylon Paris (Rs.501; Flipkart.com)
- Mac (Rs.850)
Neon & Neutral: Make a subtle statement by painting your nails neutral with a fun pop of neon.
- Love & Beauty (Rs.150; Forever 21)
- Lakme (Rs.150; Myntra.com)
- Autograph (Rs.500; Marks&spencer)
- Viviana (Rs.258; Jabong.com)
Bright & Metallic: Summer is the perfect time to show off those bright and bold nail colors. Add a hint of metallic for a more eye catching effect.
Never in our wildest dream did we imagine that one day plastic would be considered fashion forward. Call it a strange twist of fashion fate, but the synthetic material has seemed to risen above its low brow association and is making a glam appearance in the fashion cliques. All thanks to A-list designers like Burberry, Valentino & Stella McCartney for making a case for the transparent trend.
Lucite accessories when done right make an ultra modern statement and are much more wearable than you would think. From see through clutches to pvc lined shoes, clear accessories are totally playful- and obviously go with everything. The easiest way to make lucite a part of your outfit is to use it like a neutral and pair with the boldest color combos. To help you emulate the runway's fixation on clear accessories, we bring you some stellar see through accessories:
- Fab Alley Pumps (Rs. 1900): For a polished take on the crystal clear trend, we suggest this classic pump with a fun twist. Give your office attire a contemporary touch by wearing them with your trousers or use them punctuate your favorite jeans over the weekend.
- Mango Necklace (Rs. 2290): Make an on trend statement by paring this modern lucite necklace with a minimalist shift dress. Shiny rhinestone embellishments add high glamour to the clear base.
- Aldo Watch: (Rs. 2000 approx): A lucite linked band gives this oversized watch a light summery feel, while the rose-gold metal case keeps it polished and even work-appropriate.
- Zara Clutch (Rs. 1790): Polish up your cocktail ensemble by clutching on to this lucite minaudière. Its notice-me neon hue and architectural sharpness make it one high voltage accessory.
- Forever 21 Tote (Rs. 1100 approx): The ultra-functional tote gets a sheer treatment with this transparent bag. Take it to the beach or for shopping, this double duty bag is a perfect piece to take with you on vacation.
- Forever 21 Flats (Rs. 1375 approx): Ease your way into the transparent trend with these nude flats. The spike detail adds to the whimsical feel of the shoe which works great with the preppy vibe of spring.