|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
Apart from hot chocolate nights and all day coffee breaks, plummeting temperatures make us yearn for another one of our favorite passtimes – shopping for trendy winter wear! And while there are several options for jackets and coats available in the markets, nothing beats the cozy comfort and style that knits offer.
This season, the knits get even more comfy and fashionable, as they get chunky, cuddly and oversized. These sweaters with their subtle knit details are a great way to introduce texture to your winter wardrobe. Though we love the inherent lazy feel of the chunky knits, the super sized proportions can at times be overwhelming and make them a styling nightmare. The trick here is to balance the weight & bulkiness of the heavy fabric with slimmer sihlouettes. Partner them with anything from skinny jeans and cigarette pants to sleek pencil skirts for a flattering contemporary look.
Feeling all warm and toasty yet? Need some style ideas? Check out our favourite styles above for some inspiration and then take your picks from our hand selected pieces below:
- GAS Sweater; Myntra.com (Rs 5,550): This is a perfect blend of trendy yet sophisticated and fun yet formal which gets extra style points for the turtle neck. It’s the kind of sweater you wear all winter long with your slouchiest denim and slickest trousers. Our personal favorite though is to mix it up with a fitted pencil skirt and tall knee high boots for a polished vibe.
- Forever 21 Cardigan (Rs. 1700): Warm and cozy for the winters, this chunky sweater with attractive knit pattern is appropriate for all occasions. Dress it down with your basic denim for running errands and up the style quotient by wearing it with a skirt and a bright top. Punctuate the look with ankle booties and tights.
- Promod Sweater (Rs 1,390 approx): Ah! the evergreen reds. Nothing can beat the stylish cosy look that ribbed knitwear offers. This super hot pullover in thick, rich wool is just apt for the chilly season and the freezing winds. Pairing with absolutely any look is bound to be a guaranteed hit. We love the idea of teaming it with a flared hemmed skirt in a darker tone, black tights and lace up booties to finish the look.
- Zara Cardigan (Rs 4,790): Wintery goodness in rich jewel tones is what this oversized Zara cardi is about. Getting one of these is definitely worth a thought; especially this season when oversized is the mantra for winter wear. Throw it over your beloved jeans and ballet flats for a walk in the park. Swap the flats for a pair of pumps, add a stunning necklace and you are all set to go out with the girls!
- Shopppers Stop Knit (Rs. 1990): For ladies who love their summer dresses, an oversized sweater like this one is the perfect topper for chilly days. Throw it over a printed dress, clinch the waist with a slim belt and add some chunky boots to step out in style.
- Mango Sweater (Rs 1,790): Young & peppy, colourful and warm this red and white thick sweater will be a perefect addtion to your winter wardrobe? Goes perfectly well with almost any look you wish to flaunt. Team it with black jeans and suede ankle boots for an effortless weekend style. Take it for an evening out by throwing it over a pair of skinny leather pants and sky high pumps. Elevate the look with an edgy studded clutch and push the sleeves up to show off an eye catching cuff.
Winters are all about keeping warm; but whilst at that, adding a dash of style never did any harm. Got any favourite picks?