|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
Call it burgundy, wine, bordeaux or use its latest 'it' term 'Oxblood' - the dark sultry shade with its overpowering presence on the fall runways has solidified its status as the hottest hue of the season. Designers took red to a deeper level with a burst of berry hues spotted on the runways of the likes of Alexander Wang, Donna Karen and Peter Som. This rich, intense color is as sexy as red yet as versatile and chic as basic black. It's dark & moody yet sophisticated too.
A dash of this luxe shade is enough to lend an air of mystery to your winter staples. Use chic neutrals like black, camel or gray to offset your burgundy pieces. If a dash of it isn't enough to satisfy your color craving, go for a head to toe monochromatic look by picking up varying shades in different textures. Whatever be your styling preference make sure you include this luxe hue in your closet this season. To help you take the first step we've gone ahead and picked the best of the best sanguine pieces:
- Zara Biker Coat (Rs. 11,990): Outerwear was given the sultry berry treatment with this fierce biker coat at Zara. Between its trendy hue, faux leather sleeves and the edgy hardware, this coat will turn heads the moment you step out in it.
- Myntra Pants (Rs. 1299): You’ve got to love something that makes you look totally trendy with almost zero effort. These pants in the deep merlot hue look seasonal and can be dressed up with a lace top and stilettos or dressed down with some chunky boots and a cozy sweater.
- Forever 21 Sweater (Rs. 1200 approx): Work a burst of berry into your everyday dressing with this cute bow printed sweater. Partner it with a black pleated skirt and ankle booties for a fun weekend outing.
- Forever New Pumps (Rs. 3600): With a classic shoe in a beautiful and versatile color like this, you will sure be tempted to trade in your blacks and beige. They will look work appropriate with your formal pants and adorable with thin black ankle socks and a flowy knee length skirt.
- French Connection Clutch (Rs. 3999): Energize your winter outfits with this cranberry hued stunner. It will give your outfits a unique vintage inspired look by adding a sweet twist to those tough-girl dresses and ultra-high platforms.
- Forever 21 Dress (Rs. 1400 approx): This curve hugging number in a rich burgundy hue is perfect for nights when you want to go out and make a splash. Highlight its gold details with some gilded accessories of your - a box clutch and a pair of ankle strap heels will do the trick.
- Mango Top (Rs. 2790): From office to after hours this peplum top in distinctive red hue will look chic equally with pants or a pencil skirt.