|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
From New York to Milan, street style to mainstream and catwalk to the red carpet, all that shimmers is metallic this season. Designers like Jason Wu, Philip Lim, and Versace all dipped their collections in distinct luminous hues from the expected gold and silver to the more off beat ones like the lustrous versions of bold blues and emerald greens.
If the thought of metallics bring back tragic memories of the crazy disco era of the 80’s or sci-fi movie costumes, think again!! Brilliantly radiant & spectacularly sophisticated, this season's glittering metallic hues add rich texture and playful elegance to everything from timeless classics to more modern silhouettes. Moreover, there is no need to reserve metallics just for night outs, these high wattage hues can look surprisingly appropriate and totally polished for daytime – the trick is to stick with one color palette and use neutrals to balance out the high shine.
Still worried about looking like futuristic fashion victim with the metallic trend, we suggest you take style cues from the fashion forward crowd on how to incorporate the dazzling trend into your wardrobe and then pursue our hand picked selection of luminous showstoppers:
- Mini Dress (Rs. 1750; Junglee.com): Usher in to the New Year in style with a spectrum of metallics. All you need is a spectacular number like this dress by Fashion Junkie which is the right blend of sexy and daring. Pair the dress with a faux fur vest, nude pumps and a sleek minaudière to steal the spotlight.
- Vero Moda Gold Denim (Rs. 3500 approx): Lusciously drenched in metallics, these fancy pants are definite attention-getters. Tone them down for the day by pairing with a chunky sweater and flat booties - burgundy shades look especially chic with metallic golds. Amp up the sass factor at night, by teaming them with a sheer black blouse and a striking clutch.
- Forever 21 Metallic Blazeri (Rs. 1650 approx): If you're on the hunt for a fresh topper to instantly revive your closet staples this Fall, a metallic blazer is your best bet. This one from Forever 21 with its clean lines and subtle pop of gold is a sleek way to accentuate your monochromatic cold weather looks.
- Mango Metallic Mini skirt (Rs. 2790): Take the bright and shiny look for a test run during the day by teaming a white tee and solid blazer with this gold infused mini. Rock it out at night with a simple black turtleneck and ankle strap pumps. Alternatively, you can experiment with a bolder look by opting for a bright colored blouse in an abstract print.
- Silver Coated Pants (Rs. 3049; Rock.in): Add a dash of glamour to your daywear with these high gloss silver trousers. Tame the flashy bottoms with a basic button down or go for a bolder look with a top in a contrasting color like cobalt blue or neon yellow.
- Zara Sweater (Rs. 2390): Metallic prints & foil appliqué’s are fighting the winter blues & can be seen on sweaters & leather jackets abound. This metallic printed sweater by Zara can be worn with your favorite pair of blue or oxblood denim for a relaxing Sunday brunch. We suggest skipping accessories all together and instead treat yourself to a metallic manicure in a steely hue.
- Forever New Scarf (Rs. 800): If you’re afraid to rock metallic threads from head to toe, try it in smaller doses with easy to style accessories. This festive stripe scarf is a perfect example of a wardrobe essential that can dress up any ensemble in an instant.