|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
The short grey days of winter tend to feel gloomier with the darker color palettes that dominate our wardrobes. This week’s color story is perfectly timed to add some seasonal cheer to your outfits and help you beat the winter blues- quite literally. Call it cobalt, royal or azure blue, this vivid shade of blue is the key to freshening up your wardrobe & your look this season. Cobalt blue has been popping in outfits from the runway to the streets to stimulating editorials. Fall collections were dotted with pops of rich blue tones; with even more designers offering brighter versions of the shade for the Spring season.
Universally flattering, the striking blue hue stands out against the typical neutral and jewel tones of fall. Partner it with lighter hues for a fresh take on the trend or you can opt for this shade in contrasting textures of lace, leather or knits for a more edgy take. You are absolutely in the game if you have some blue in your wardrobe! But if you don’t, click through for a selection of gorgeous pieces to wear now and straight through Spring:
- Marks and Spencer Jacket (Rs. 5,481 approx): This classic tux-style jacket in blue is a sure stunner, especially with the intricate floral motifs. A tested and proven winner, this jacket will never fail to spruce up your look for that special meeting at work when paired with well trimmed black trousers. Team it with skinny jeans and a bright coloured tank top, and you are set for a fun evening out.
- Promod Skirt (Rs. 1,400 approx): This fitted skirt in cool azure hue is a true companion for a fashionista like you. Effortlessly blending into formal and casual events alike, this piece will prove to be a head turner every time. For a cozy yet sexy look, pair with opaque black leggings with black pumps, and a white pullover.
- Forever 21 Dress (Rs. 1,700 approx): Blue dresses are a cooler alternative to the classic LBD and make for a sizzling statement piece. Wrapped in delicate, lady like lace all over, it’s impossible to feel any winter blues with this dress on. Just add on a pair of sky high pumps and be the object of envy anywhere you go.
- Vero Moda Jeggings (Rs. 2,488 approx): Bright bottoms have been a rage for quite some time. If you are late to the party, then these blue pants are great way to try the trend. Wonderfully fashionable and surprising comfy, investing in one of these will definitely be a wise choice for the season. Neutralize them with a grey or black top and easy flats for a day out. For a more daring look, parnter with a similar hued jacket and some stilettoes.
- Zara Top (Rs. 1990): This top hits two trends at once. Peplum plus hot blue equals eye popping style. Perfect for a cocktail party, this top will look fabulous partnered with cigarette pants or a slim skirt. Add a statement necklace in a contrasting color for a dramatic effect. If you want to stay subtle, then just finish with pointy pumps in a neutral tone.
- Ekaya Dupatta (Rs. 8,050 approx; Perniaspopupshop.com): Nothing can beat the rich, elegant style that traditional Indian dupattas and stoles add to a look. If you are planning to dress up all desi, be it for a wedding or a warm family get together, this handloom woven dupatta, is our absolute favorite. With silver and gold motifs, it makes for a perfect showstopper. Pair with a monochrome chudidar kurta in any contrasting shade and you are set to rule the party.
- Mango Sweater (Rs. 2,790): The asymmetric striped pattern is what makes this sweater what it is – super stylish. Perfect to look your best whilst shileding against the harsh winter chill, this sweater in all its color block glory will easily become a wardrobe staple this season. Pair with your favourite skinny jeans and show off the style diva in you. The best part - its unique pattern practically negates the need to accessorise!
Sparkling up the winter romance with this passionate shade is definitely one of the many ways to spend the chilling months tastefully. What piece is your fave in this bunch? Would you pair it with another bright? Or wear it with a neutral?