|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
Plaid is a classic cold weather print that has been an evergreen closet staple since our good old school days. Thankfully the preppy pattern has come a long way since then and is having a especially major moment right now. This season, designers presented the classic print in unexpected and exciting iterations that were bold, sophisticated and yet timeless.
We have fallen hard for all the fresh checks popping up everywhere and whether you dress it up with some sleek bottoms, wrap it around your neck, or rock some head-to-toe tartan, there is a plaid piece to suit every fashion personality. There are both edgy and chic ways to work the distinguished print, all you need is to style them with a fresh set of eyes. Go for a gutsy modern look with mixing and matching your tartan, or opt for a more subdued version by paring your plaid pieces with trusty neutrals like black and camel. And, if you like the trend, but just want a touch of it, go for an eye catching accessory like a bag or a scarf. Take style style cues from the fashion forward crowd and then shop our picks to bring a little, or a lot of, plaid into your wardrobe.
- Mango Coat (Rs. 4490): If you’re looking for something unboring and totally different then scoop up a crisp plaid number like this coat. Throw it over your jeans t-shirt combo to give a quick upgrade to your weekend look. For a more interesting approach team it with your girlie printed dress and some cool flats.
- Gas Shirt (Rs.2660; Shoppers Stop): This shirt delivers the plaid gone proper vibe. Team it with your office trousers to make it work for a 9-5 routine or throw it over your skinny jeans and ankle booties for a relaxed weekend look.
- Forever 21 Sweater (Rs. 1100 approx): Get a more contemporary twist on plaid with this bright red checked sweater from Forever 21. Play with patterns by throwing a plaid jacket in a similar color scheme over it or team it with anything black from skinny jeans to maxi skirts for a more toned down style.
- Reiss Saffi (Rs. 1195; Myntra.com): A tartan laptop cover is great way to add a flash of patterned fun to the mix.
- Zara Trousers (Rs.2790): I am sure most of you would have one or more plaid tops in your closet but how many of you have a pair of cool plaid pants? I bet not many. Swap your dark skinnies with these plaid ones and lift them up with pointy toe pumps and a slouchy sweater for a look that screams off-duty model. Of course, if you are looking for a more daring look, then nothing beats a plaid on plaid pairing.
- Ivory Tag Sling Bag (Rs.2450; Jabong.com): This super cute messenger bag will give any outfit the perfect dose of preppy coziness and bright color.
- Mango Shirt (Rs.1990): Wearing plaid is easy when it comes to shirts. The gold hardware on this adds a bit of edge to the otherwise preppy staple. Wear this one with jeans and motorcycle boots for a rocker vibe or with knee high boots for a chic urban look. We love the idea of breaking the usual button down dress code and glamming up the shirt with a pleated mini skirt and some high heels for an evening out.
- Plaid Dress (Rs. 1279; Jabong.com): Not a plaid pants girl? How about a graphic dress? We love this blue version for it would be an easy outfit solution this winter. Wear it with black tights and your fav boots for a quick outfit change. It would make an ideal work dress too with black blazer thrown over it.