|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
There's something to be said about using the sleek, basic color combination of black and white. It might be the most tried-and-true color combination, but it still packs a sharp punch.This dynamic pairing was a big hit on the fall runways and it seems to be going strong for the upcoming spring season as well.
Whether you're incorporating these hues through a few sleek extras or theming your entire outfit around this color duo, the result is always striking and sophisticated. Plus the clean palette provides a chance to play up accent hues like bright red lips or contrasting footwear. The only challenge that comes with this palette is to keep the quintessential contrast fresh and modern. We bring you an eclectic mix of a few ultra chic pieces to refresh your black and white style:
- Forever New Blazer (Rs. 3635): Use it to add interest to a pair of simple black skinny jeans and tee or go for a menswear inspired look by teaming this minimalistic tuxedo blazer with a pair of tailored trousers.
- Ivory Tag Bag (Rs. 3499; Myntra.com): Bring a subtle pop of black and white to any outfit with this dual colored bag. Perfectly polished, this bag will make elegant statement at work and weekends alike.
- Forever 21 Colorblock Pants (Rs. 1300 approx): Put a sophisticated spin on your two-toned pairing with these pants at work. A crisp blouse and peep toe pumps will help keep the look strictly professional. They will also come in handy when you are not in the mood for a cocktail dress. Just throw on a dressy top and a pair of pointy stilettos. Pulled back hair with a hint of bold lip will be the perfect finishing touches to a sexy evening look.
- Zara Geometric Necklace (Rs. 1590): Looking to work the balck and white palette in small doses? This statement necklace is guaranteed to add pizzaz to everything from dresses to pant suits.
- Zara Ankle Strap Pumps (Rs.2390): These ankle strap pumps are an unexpected way to inject a little black and white color play into the mix. Wear them to offset an all black outfit or use them to highlight a head to toe black and white rendition.
- Vero Moda Dress (Rs. 471; Shoppers Stop): Get get your black-and-white fix in one go. Case in point: this color blocked dress showcases our favorite monochromatic duo without being overwhelming. Perfect for office with a pair of black pumps and a work tote. It can be easily made a little more cocktail hour worthy with a pair of ankle strap heels and an oversized clutch.
- Mango Shirt (Rs. 2790) A basic button down tempered with black accents works great for both work and play. Partner it with black trousers and pumps for work. For an effortlessly chic play on the monochrome mix, style with a color blocked jacket and sleek leather bottoms to complement.