|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
This winter saw an explosion of military influence both on and off the runway and the trend continues its strong dominance in the upcoming season. In a not so subtle nod to the army influences, everyone from street style blogs to high fashion runways, is undoubtedly soldiering up! Showcased on the runways at DKNY, Edun and Rachel Comey to name a few, military and camouflage inspired looks have become more than just a fad after surviving several fashion weeks. Camouflage is about function and luxurious cool best done in trendy enough separates that work double shift for both day and night
The versatility of camo is what makes it so much fun to style. It can look edgy, feminine or sophisticated depending on your styling choices. You can go rocker chic with a camo jacket and leather leggings or opt for a polished look by pairing a camo shirt with a pencil skirt. Layering a white shirt with a camo jacket is perfect if you are going for downtown chic whereas all the tomboys can experiment with a camo cap. You can even jazz up your old camo pieces by adding studs and chains to the collars or pockets of your old camo pieces (a great way to get more mileage out of what you already have in your closet) Here are a few form-flattering camo pieces that will help you stand out in the crowd rather than fade into the background:
- Zara Shirt (Rs. 3790 approx): This comfy shirt is suitable for all shapes and sizes and is easy to pair up with anything. The applique detailing is super hot and also very much in vogue. It can even be worn open as a jacket over a simple tee or knotted for a grungy look. We love the fact that it is blue, thus adding a twist to the trend.
- Kaila Top (Rs. 699; Satalkbuylove.com): We love how this piece combines the two trends that we adore: Peplum and camouflage. Wear it with skinny pants or a pencil skirt for a day out with the girls.
- River Island Skirt (Rs. 1063 approx; Asos.com): This is surely our favourite camo find at the moment and we love how it is easy on our wallets. This camo skirt is a sure head turner and will fetch you compliments aplenty. Pair it with black boots and a leather jacket and you are all set to rock n’ roll.
- Forever 21 Crop Top (Rs. 1063 approx): This crop camo tube top is perfect for a night out. This fun and flirty piece will look stunning when worn with high waist pants or a skirt. A few layered necklaces and a pair of high heels are all you need to set the town on fire. Throw on a jacket if it's going to be a cold night.
- Calvino Sunglasses (Rs. 795; Koovs.com): This is the perfect piece for all those who like to keep it subtle. Incorporate a bit of the trendy camo print in your look with these camouflage sunglasses. These can uplift any outfit in a jiffy.
- Promod Camo Jacket (Rs. 3247 approx): Keep it classy with this camouflage print jacket. Wear it with a short dress and high heels for a night out, a playsuit with gladiator sandals for a shopping spree or skinny jeans and a crisp white shirt to make the perfect impression at office. The possibilities are endless. Have fun with it!
- Zara Wallet (Rs. 2790): If camo print is too overwhelming for your taste, try this sleek oversized wallet from Zara to add some personality to your outfit.
Oversized shirts or itsy bitsy skirts, no matter what the product category, everybody is going crazy for camo. Do stock up on this trend for the season. It is definitely a winner and here to stay.