|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
It’s time to clean out your purse and downsize to a mini-but-still-major bag. Small in size but big on style, mini bags are the must-have accessory this Spring. With their versatility and hands free perk, they are perfect for the girl-on-the go. Wear them casually during the day to lighten your load and look fashionable. They are also perfect for parties and events — adding just a bit of flare and letting the outfit shine. From shrunken satchels to petite cross-body bags, these fuss free mini bags are just too cute to pass up. Here are some of our favorites:
- Lara Karen Petite Shoulder Bag (Rs. 999; Jabong.com): In a subtle gold shade, this eye catching accent works round the clock and will elevate every outfit that you pair it with.
- Zara Mini Bag (Rs. 3790): Between the structured shape, color-blocked hues and sleek hardware, we can all agree this is one stunning bag. Wear it during the day with a white tee and oxfords and take it out at night with a skater skirt and leather jacket.
- Mango Bag (Rs. 3490): The epitome of upscale, this bag in classic black hue with its rich texture and gold accents exudes sophistication. Sling it over your shoulder with a chic black & white romper and gold pumps for that wow effect.
- Toniq Sling Bag (Rs. 1099; Myntra.com): So cheerful: a super-bright flash of sunny yellow at your hip. Wear them with everything from your floral dresses to your denim shorts.
- Forever 21 Bag (Rs. 1200): An ultra-ladylike take on a satchel style, with a compact size and gleamy hardware. Would go perfectly with a fitted sheath dress.
- Bebe Bag (Rs. 3850; Majorbrands.in): Sharp metal studs and hefty chain are a fun counter point to this elegant quilted mini cross body bag. Use it to add drama to a sexy body-con dress or team it with a pleated skirt and silk top for a day soiree.
Nothing says summer like sun-kissed skin against a gauzy white dress. It's the go-to staple that's as fit for a cocktail party as it is for a weekend at the beach. The LWD though not as easy on the tongue as its noir counterpart really captures the spirit of the season and are versatile like blank canvasses. Whether you're looking for a casual version that's a step up from your basic white tee, or something a bit more festive (cutouts, anyone?), there's a clean-and-crisp offering out there for you. We have shortlisted our favorite fresh frocks for you to pick from:
- Zara Lace Dress (Rs. 4890): The simple, structured silhouette adds a bit of sass to a feminine lace dress. Wear it with flat sandals and wavy hair to a garden party. Add metallic heels and hot pink pout to transition for evening.
- Forever 21 Maxi(Rs. 1800 approx): Embrace your inner bohemian with this peek-a-boo maxi. Add on a pair of chunky boots and armful of bangles for a picnic in the park. An oversized sunhat will bring a perfect finishing touch to the look.
- Vanilla Sunrise Dress (Rs. 2250; Jabong.com): Your go-to work dress for summer - all this needs is a pop of turquoise. Throw over a black blazer and add pointy flats for a chic day at work.
- One Shoulder Dress (Rs. 2195; Koovs.com) You'll look like a goddess when you hit the town in this. Highlighting and creating curves, this is the perfect cocktail dress to show off your killer legs.
- Mango Ruffles Dress (Rs. 3490): Flirty and flattering, perfect for a beach getaway. Slip this on and feel like you're on a tropical vacation, no matter where you really are.
- Wills Lifestyle Dress (Rs. 2599): Ditch the short-shorts for a mini-minidress that is little sporty and little sweet. With cute details like peter-pan collar and cut-out pattern this dress is daytime-approved.
One of the easiest—and cheapest—pick-me-ups out there is a shiny new bottle of nail polish. It’s the easiest way to add pizzazz to your digits and transform your look. You can go for a matching color to make the color palette a beautiful monochrome or you can go for a striking contrast to make your nails truly stand out, making a bold fashion statement.
Each new season brings with it a world of new manicure possibilities. But spring, with the arrival of bright flowers, strappy sandals and icy drinks is the best manicure season of them all. With so many new trends and colors out there, finding that perfect shade can be quite a dilemma. To make it a tad simpler, we came up with four key nail trends for spring summer 2014. We have got it all from minty pastel tones to glamorous shimmery shades from four of India’s leading websites which retail cosmetics at sweet deals and discounts. Let the finger painting commence:
Its official, this season calls for lustrous shine – night or day. Get a glimmer of the season’s hottest trend with a sparkly manicure. The reflective finish of these polishes render them a rock-star-glam that will add a luxe statement to even the most boring of outfits.
- Konal Silver Nail Enamel (Rs. 440; Jabong.com)
- L’oreal Paris Color Riche (Rs. 235; Jabong.com)
- China Glaze (Rs. 490;Jabong.com)
- Konad Diamond (Rs. 390; Jabong.com)
What better way to get you in a spring mood than with a springy bouquet of pastel shades. These soft dewy hues are bold enough to create interest but subdued enough to wear in to work. Our suggestion is to sweeten things up by wearing at least two at a time and trying out some graphic nail art.
- L’oreal Paris (Rs. 235; Flipkart.com)
- Maybelline Express Finish (Rs.210; Flipkart.com)
- Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist (Rs. 400;Flipkart.com)
- Maybelline Express Finish (Rs. 210; Flipkart.com)
Classy, elegant and simple, it is always a good change to give a break to the colors and go for a safe neutral palette. This is the best way to lengthen your nails and one can most definitely not go wrong with these shades no matter the color of their outfit. If you are going for a nude color, make sure to maintain a short shape and pick a shade, which compliments your skin tone.
- Maybelline Porcelain Party Enamel (Rs. 75; Myntra.com)
- Lakme Absolute Gel Stylist (Rs. 400; myntra.com)
- L’oreal Color Riche (Rs. 225; Myntra.com)
- Lakme Truewear (Rs. 150; Myntra.com)
Dark and moody deep colours ranging from forest green, rich black and midnight blues lend a tough-girl edge to ethereal spring ensembles. Just keep them chip free and they will add a mix of sophistication to any outfit.
- OPI Nail Lacquer (Rs. 670; Nykaa.com)
- OPI Nail Lacquer (Rs. 670; Nykaa.com)
- Max Factor Glossfinity (Rs. 395; Nykaa.com)
- Deborah Pret A Porter Nail Enamel (Rs. 190; Nykaa.com)
Hope you enjoyed our spring nail trend report! Before we sign off we would like to share a few tips for the most appealing nails, starting with, if you cannot maintain them, keep them short. Always add a clear coat after your nail polish to make it long lasting. Every few days remove your nail polish entirely and let your nails breathe. Last but not the least, try out all the colors you possibly can and be truly experimental as this is one experience which can be reversed easily, so be daring.
Let’s face it, ladies: After years of skinny jeans, our legs could use some breathing room! This season, designers made the case for a pant with a little more drama by showing a fresh, '70s-inspired silhouette. Easy to wear and ultra-chic, billowy wide-leg trousers were a huge hit both on the runways and the streets.
These easy and relaxed pants may seem intimidating due to their sheer volume especially if you are not a six foot model. Here is the secret to pulling it off with confidence - just look for a pair that's leaner on the flare and higher-waisted to elongate your frame and of course the higher the heel the better it is. We have shortlisted a few pairs that will give your look that little extra oomph. Read through to find your perfect pair.
- Zara Print Pants (Rs. 2990): Pull off two of summer's biggest trends at once by pairing these tropical print flares with a cropped top. It will not only help balance the volume up-top but also inject a bohemian aesthetic to this wildly cool look.
- Biba Pants (Rs.1199; Myntra.com): Pair the embroidered pants with a delicate silk top in black for a feminine and romantic take on the silhouette. Add a bold clutch and metallic cuff to take the look up a notch.
- Mango Denim Pants (Rs. 3490): Dail up the crisp and clean factor of flowy pants in a casual fabric like chambray, by pairing them with a timeless white shirt. Add a tassle chain necklace and your chunkiest platform for a look that’s ‘70s glamazon.
- Grey Print Trousers (Rs. 1899 ; Jabong.com): Make printed wide-leg trousers work overtime in the office by adding a tailored blazer in a similar hue and a simple top. The result? A modern twist on the everyday suit. Trust us, when you swish through a room in these flowy trousers, you’ll feel like a boss.
- Forever 21 Pants (Rs. 1500): For a high-impact ensemble that's also heavy on confidence, pair these pastel pants with sharp black basics and a standout necklace.
- Trousers (Rs. 374; Flipkart.com): Nail the laid-back but oh-so-sassy weekend look by pairing these bright bottoms with a slightly cropped white tee and flat sandals. A messy top bun and hint of pink lip will take you from Sunday brunch to evenings cocktails on a sultry day.
From the minimal, gold beauties at Balenciaga to the quirky wonders at Kate Spade, the past year has been all about making a statement with your fingertips. We have seen them worn stacked up and layered, individually and with company and even a ring too small has found a special place at the top of every fashionista’s fabulous fingers. From the simple metallic barely-there statement makers to the loud typographic ones spelling ‘Love’ and ‘Cool’, it is pretty much the year of the rings.
The best advice we can give you for styling rings with your outfit is to have fun with it. Try out different color palettes, mix a couple of metals, try out too many than you think are necessary or just go with a single reliable statement piece. The combinations are numerous if you apply a bit of creativity and pick up a few key pieces to play with. We have a selection of our favourite pretty things for you that are just a click away!
- Blur Ring (Rs. 600; Koovs.com): We have been the biggest fans of Blur and can’t be happier that they are now available at Koovs.com. This is a beautiful ring and we love the pop of color against the gold. We recommend it to be worn with a contrasting green or orange to make it stand out and look it’s best.
- Scissor Knuckle Duster Ring (Rs. 700; Koovs.com): This is the cutest design we have come across yet and we can’t wait to have it in our jewellery boxes. This ring is for the fun and fearless woman who likes to be quirky and is the ultimate trendsetter. Wear it with a cool monochrome outfit with layered necklaces and a chunky arm bands for a rocker chic look.
- Knuckle Duster Ring (Rs. 472 approx; Ebay.com): We love this simple design which is classy yet edgy and can look great with a ball gown as well as a regular denim look.
- Pull & Bear Ring Set (Rs. 839 approx; Asos.com): There is nothing cooler than a delicate ring set and Pull & Bear never disappoints. Wear these one are a time or stacked up or throw in a couple of simple metal bands to make the look chunkier. Either way it is going to be a very stylish affair!
- Accessorize Ring Set (Rs. 695; Myntra.com): Accessorize has a petite ring set for the classy fashionista featuring the word ‘’Love’, a heart and a cutesy bow. Pair these with a little summer dress and you are ready to make a pretty statement.
- Pipa + Bella Gold Shield Ring (Rs. 595): This Balenciaga look alike is every budget fashionista’s dream. We suggest you stock up on eight of these and wear them all at once a la Nicolas Ghesquiere’s vision.
When calling all attention to your fingers, remember to redo your manicure to provide the best backdrop for these stunners. We hope you enjoyed this post and are going to take inspiration from the ring trend real soon and update your jewellry boxes.