|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
A spectrum of bright, bold hues continue their dominance in the fashion world and this year’s hottest color story is ‘Emerald Green’. Sophisticated and luxurious, the lush jewel tone best exemplifies lady-like chic. From dramatic evening wear to more playful iterations, the spring runways showcased a myriad of green hues solidifying its cult status for the upcoming season. Unlike last year’s orange, the good news is that this rich shade is flattering for just about everyone regardless of your skin tone or hair color. While the color looks great with neutrals like black and white, if you're feeling bold pair it with other jewel tones such as gold or citrine. Finish your look with fun extras - A hint of green is a quick and easy way to add polish to your ensemble. We have shortlisted some of the coolest pieces to help you energize your summer wardrobe:
- Zara Dress (4790 INR): This Zara dress captures the winning spirit of the radiant green shade and its easy silhouette makes it a fun for the weekends.
- Forever 21 Leggings (Rs. 550 approx): Printed leggings in the color of the season is an easy way to incorporate emerald into your everyday wardrobe. Team it with a white tee or a black shirt for a chic pulled together look.
- Charles & Keith Heels (Rs. 5000 approx): Life is too short for all black, all the time. Give your summer look a mood lifting blast of color with these bright ankle strap heels. They will look great with pants and dresses alike.
- David Jones Bag (Rs.2199; Myntra.com): Give your look an extra luxe appeal with this chic emerald add on. With its classic shape and minimal hardware this bag is great for both work and play.
- Necklace (Rs. 1000; Fashionatclick.com): Stay ahead of the color trend with this standout necklace in a bold emerald hue. We love the idea of paring it with a white tee and a maxi skirt.
- Belt (Rs. 645; Koovs.com): This cutwork belt is what you need to transform your favorite summer dress. It brings a pop of emerald to your look without committing too much.
- Accessorize Cuff (Rs. 1445; Myntra.com): Emerald green peeking through the delicate filigree pattern of this cuff makes for a charming add on to any outfit.
- Inglot Nail Paint (Rs. 490; #988): All of the fruity, feminine spring colors are great, but sometimes you need a little drama. A green manicure will give you just that.
Gone are the dizzying stiletto heights, this season shoes seem to be hitting highly wearable lows courtesy of designers like Dries Van Noten & Louis Vuitton.This spring slip into heels on the south side of three inches - easy and comfortable these low heels are high on style and pack just as cool a punch as your foot punishing five-inchers. From sweet and low kitten heels to the well grounded block heel, the demure heel height offers the best of both worlds: the illusion of longer legs and all-day comfort. Take the low heel plunge with our chic selection of low heeled footwear:
- Zara Sling Backs (Rs. 3790): A kitten heel with the edgy spikes makes this sling back look modern and cool for spring.
- Nine West Gladiator Sandals (Rs. 7700): A fun pop of color that will look cool with everything from a white dress to denim cut offs.
- Fashionara Cage Heels (1499 INR): A neutral hue in a geometric pattern makes for a pretty combo on these low steppers.
- Charles & Keith Peep-Toes (Rs. 2475 approx): Little gold heel adds understated elegance to this burgundy shoe.
- Zara Ethnic Wedge (Rs. 4790): You don't need towering heels to look seriously fierce, these low wedges with its intriguing mix of pattern and edgy hardware does the trick.
- Aldo Black Sandals (Rs. 4400): Proof that black heels can look entirely unexpected, thanks to the studded detail.
- Forever 21 Pastel Sandals (Rs. 1300 approx): The thick gold heel brings an elegant finish to the subtle pastel hue.
- Myntra Sling Backs (Rs.1799): Mod black and white combo and a sophisticated shape makes this shoe ready for both day and night.
We understand you might not be ready to totally give up your beloved four inch platforms, think you'll give them a short break to try out the new crop of low heeled footwear? Share your thoughts.
Fashion is all about versatility and reinvention. The key to an amazing wardrobe is owning basics you can constantly recycle and restyle over and over again. And nothing is more versatile as the trusty white tee - done right it can inject a hint of freshness to all your spring outfits. This week, we bring you four very unique ways to style the classic closet staple.
Pop of Color:
We chose a rich orange skirt to style with the white tee for a feminine yet edgy look. The gorgeous color block sandals complement the silhouette and the color perfectly. Cinching the skirt with a skinny waist belt to better highlight one’s waist is always a good idea. The messenger bag adds a chic element while the layered chain necklace puts the outfit together effortlessly. This outfit makes stylish statement and is perfect for a casual lunch date.
Prints and Brights:
We love the print on print trend for Spring 2013 as well as the mélange of colors and textures. This is a simple look to help you adorn your favourite runway trend without having to dig a hole in your purse or feeling awkward with something too similar to the runway version. Start off with a pair of printed pants, tuck your tee into and add a bold colored blazer on top. Accessorize with a contrasting accessory like the bright pink bag in the picture. Since this is a busy outfit, try to keep your shoes a neutral shade. Voila! You are runway ready!
Forever 21 White Tee (Rs. 475 approx)
Forever New Pants (Rs. 2800)
Tiramisu Clothing Blazer (koovs.com; Rs. 2200)
Steve Madden Heels (Rs. 5,000)
Charles & Keith Bag (Majorbrands.in; Rs. 5499)
John & Pearl Earrings (Asos.com; Rs. 8088 approx)
We have said so before and we will say it again, this season is all about stripes. Make a pretty addition to your wardrobe, which is bang on trend with this striped skirt from FCUK. Tuck your shirt in to flaunt the bow detail or you can also knot it on top to convert it into a crop top. A chic white bag screams resort and balances the outfit well. The printed scarf adds an eclectic touch but make sure to drape it in a way so that it allows the beautiful collar necklace to peek from underneath.
Forever 21 White Tee (Rs. 475 approx)
French Connection Skirt (Rs. 2499)
Aldo Heels (Majorbrands.in; Rs. 6400)
Hi Look Collar Necklace (Jabong.com; Rs. 795)
Murcia bag (koovs.com; Rs. 1850): Stalk Buy Love Scarf (Rs. 299)
Denim skirts are making a comeback. Wear your t-shirt half tucked in for an easy grunge look. Throw on a black cardigan and some comfy flats and you are ready to go. Sling bags are the best to store all your necessities while keeping your hands free. For a subtle girly touch to the outfit, we would add a cutesy hairband with pearl detail. Who said going to run errands has to be a messy affair. It’s all about being casual chic.
Forever 21 White Tee (Rs. 475 approx)
Cheap Monday Skirt (Asos.com; Rs. 4084 approx)
Shop Nineteen Flats (Rs. 1199)
Fab Alley Bag (Rs. 1500)
Arrow Cardigan (Fashionara.com; Rs. 1518)
Freanka Hairband (Pernia’s Pop up Shop; Rs. 2200)
We hope that our ideas have ignited your imagination to think of many more ways of styling this classic basic. Dress it up or dress it down, just remember to do it with panache. Have fun with it!
Spring makeup trends this year are a whole lot of fun from bright matte lip colours to pastel - hued eye shadows. The runways saw a slew of beauties batting their perfect eyelashes adorned with angular black liner and their razor sharp cheekbones highlighted with shades of raspberry. Gothic dark lips had a huge appeal amongst street style bloggers while the fashion elite took to the nude dewy no makeup looks. This season showed contrasting trends from peachy doll-like shades to rich cocoa brown and burgundy tones. However, translating looks from the runway to real life can be tricky.
We believe in maintaining a balance between keeping things simple and taking chances with new shades and colors. Remember the one cardinal rule when it comes to makeup, either highlight the eyes or the lips, never both. So if you are going for a bright lip colour, try to keep the eye shadow to a minimum or in a neutral shade. When going strong with the eye makeup pick a matte lip colour to balance it out.
Today we bring to all you beautiful ladies a few of our favourite products to help you look your best this summer. Our picks will help you create a gorgeous and trendy day look as well as a sultry and sexy night look. We start off the list with our two favourite products for the season which are definitely must - haves.
- Maybelline Mascara (Rs. 330):
Let your eyes do the talking with Colossal Volume Express Mascara from Maybelline. Mascara is one magical beauty product, just a few sweeps of the wand can make your eyelashes look longer, fuller and open out your eyes. When buying mascara, we always go for the waterproof version to avoid a fiasco.
- L’oreal Foundation (Rs. 900):
A must - have for every girl out there, the True Match Roll on foundation from L’oreal is easy to apply and leaves your skin feeling radiant, fresh and not cakey at all. The best part about this product is that it is available in six shades. Make sure you pick the right one by testing it well. Foundation which doesn’t match your skin tone is a strict no - no.
- Maybelline Kajal (Rs. 150):
We kick start our picks for a day look with Colossal Kajal from Maybelline which is an awesome budget buy. It is smudge proof as well as waterproof and comes with an easy to use roll up applicator stick. Do add a dash of kajal to your look, it works wonders on a bad day. You can even have fun with the way you apply it everyday and try out new shapes like cat eyes or winged eyes.
- MAC Powder (Rs. 1780 approx):
MAC Iridescent Powder is the best product to apply over your foundation to keep it in place and to have a luminous finish to your face. It gives a very slight sheen and can be applied with a round brush for evenness.
- Rimmel London Lip Color (Coral in Gold; Rs. 413 approx):
Coral is still the go - to colour for lips this season. Rimmel London lasting finish lip color is a beautiful, bright, matte coral shade which goes really well with Indian skin tones. It is transfer resist as well as long lasting.
- MAC Blush ( Blush Baby; Rs. 1100)
To complete your day look we recommend MAC Blushbaby blush for a peachy glow. Peach tones compliment coral shades really well and this will help balance out the colours. Dab some on to highlight your cheekbones for a fresh and glowing look.
- MAC Lipstick (Ruby Woo; Rs. 990):
We begin our picks for a night look with some luscious red. Nothing says diva like some red lipstick. Our pick is the Ruby Woo shade from MAC. It is fierce and classy at the same time and the perfect statement to make on a night out.
- Bobby Brown Concealer (Rs. 1798 approx)
Nobody wants to go for a night out with the pressures and strains of the day showing up on their faces. Bobby Brown dark circles concealer kit is the answer to all your prayers. You can apply it using the tips of your fingers and gently blend it in. The cherry on top is the fact that It is available in fifteen different shades to suit every skin tone.
- Rimmel London Bronzer fi (Rs. 497 approx):
Rimmel London Match Perfection Bronzer will give a sultry finish to your face as well help contour your cheeks and highlight your collar bones for a sexy look to make you feel like a bronzed goddess. You can even brush some on your arms and legs for radiant looking skin especially on a clubbing night.
- ColorBar Eye Shadow (Rs. 300):
We are sure all of us love smokey - eyes. Its oozes immense sex appeal and gives a mysterious touch to a look. Add some black eyeshadow to your night look with Colorbar’s Black Tie Eye Shadow. Be careful during application as you might ruin the rest of your makeup. Our advice would be to practice a day before if you are a newbie.
Hope you enjoyed our picks for the season. With these products in your makeup army, you will be able to create new looks everyday. All you have to do is mix and match and be experimental. Remember to have fun with it and don’t forget to wear a smile. As Audrey Hepburn once said, “Happy girls are the prettiest.”