|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
This season is a true celebration of the diversity of fashion and has something in store for every fashion personality type. The two trends that have us most excited for the upcoming season are on the opposite ends of the color spectrum. This season fashion got back to basics and reinvented the iconic combination of black and white. Black & white are like the power couple of fashion, sophisticated and chic and always make a statement. In stark contrast to this play on primary colors was the season's riot of hot and bold color palettes.
While we love the timelessness of a neutral ensemble, we couldn't be more jazzed about this season's rainbow-bright color palette. The array of bold hues is certainly refreshing and so much fun to wear. Whether you opt for a little or a lot of color, this is one of the easiest ways to upgrade your dress code. We have curated cool new outfits that will help you put your own stamp on each of these new trends:
Black & White & Chic all over:
There's something to be said about using the sleek, basic color combination of black and white. It might be the most tried-and-true color combination, but it still packs a sharp punch. The dynamic pairing was a big hit on the spring summer runways and is a current favorite of the fashion forward crowd. Appropriate to wear year-round, easy to pull off at every budget, and sleek enough to work at the office or on date night, this trend is the very definition of wearable.
Get get your black-and-white fix in one go with this color blocked dress. Make it cocktail hour worthy with a pair of black & white heels and a shimmery clutch. The clean palette is a great opportunity to play up with accent hues like a bold red lip. A sleek watch and earrings bring the perfect finishing touches to the sophisticated look.
- Avirate Dress (Myntra.com; Rs.2250)
- DKNY Watch (Myntra.com; Rs. 7995)
- Catwalk Sandals (Myntra.com; Rs.1299)
- Dressberry Earrings (Myntra.com; Rs. 200)
- Baggit Clutch (Myntra.com; Rs. 1400)
- Lotus Herbal Lipstick (Myntra.com; Rs. 610)
Pretty in Pink
Fashion is having a bright moment right now - everything from dresses to shoes to sunglasses have been dipped in boisterous shades for Spring. While it may be tempting to play it safe by teaming bright pants with neutral basics, this ensemble proves that mixing it up can be way more chic. The secret to getting it right? Stick to hues within the same color palette. A vibrant mix of colors keeps this look unexpected & modern. The color blocked top makes a bold statement when paired with pink pants. The turquoise bag and necklace provide a contrasting pop of color to the pink color scheme and the silver flats are the perfect footwear to compliment the easy breezy look.
This winter saw an explosion of military influence both on and off the runway and the trend continues its strong dominance in the upcoming season. In a not so subtle nod to the army influences, everyone from street style blogs to high fashion runways, is undoubtedly soldiering up! Showcased on the runways at DKNY, Edun and Rachel Comey to name a few, military and camouflage inspired looks have become more than just a fad after surviving several fashion weeks. Camouflage is about function and luxurious cool best done in trendy enough separates that work double shift for both day and night
The versatility of camo is what makes it so much fun to style. It can look edgy, feminine or sophisticated depending on your styling choices. You can go rocker chic with a camo jacket and leather leggings or opt for a polished look by pairing a camo shirt with a pencil skirt. Layering a white shirt with a camo jacket is perfect if you are going for downtown chic whereas all the tomboys can experiment with a camo cap. You can even jazz up your old camo pieces by adding studs and chains to the collars or pockets of your old camo pieces (a great way to get more mileage out of what you already have in your closet) Here are a few form-flattering camo pieces that will help you stand out in the crowd rather than fade into the background:
- Zara Shirt (Rs. 3790 approx): This comfy shirt is suitable for all shapes and sizes and is easy to pair up with anything. The applique detailing is super hot and also very much in vogue. It can even be worn open as a jacket over a simple tee or knotted for a grungy look. We love the fact that it is blue, thus adding a twist to the trend.
- Kaila Top (Rs. 699; Satalkbuylove.com): We love how this piece combines the two trends that we adore: Peplum and camouflage. Wear it with skinny pants or a pencil skirt for a day out with the girls.
- River Island Skirt (Rs. 1063 approx; Asos.com): This is surely our favourite camo find at the moment and we love how it is easy on our wallets. This camo skirt is a sure head turner and will fetch you compliments aplenty. Pair it with black boots and a leather jacket and you are all set to rock n’ roll.
- Forever 21 Crop Top (Rs. 1063 approx): This crop camo tube top is perfect for a night out. This fun and flirty piece will look stunning when worn with high waist pants or a skirt. A few layered necklaces and a pair of high heels are all you need to set the town on fire. Throw on a jacket if it's going to be a cold night.
- Calvino Sunglasses (Rs. 795; Koovs.com): This is the perfect piece for all those who like to keep it subtle. Incorporate a bit of the trendy camo print in your look with these camouflage sunglasses. These can uplift any outfit in a jiffy.
- Promod Camo Jacket (Rs. 3247 approx): Keep it classy with this camouflage print jacket. Wear it with a short dress and high heels for a night out, a playsuit with gladiator sandals for a shopping spree or skinny jeans and a crisp white shirt to make the perfect impression at office. The possibilities are endless. Have fun with it!
- Zara Wallet (Rs. 2790): If camo print is too overwhelming for your taste, try this sleek oversized wallet from Zara to add some personality to your outfit.
Oversized shirts or itsy bitsy skirts, no matter what the product category, everybody is going crazy for camo. Do stock up on this trend for the season. It is definitely a winner and here to stay.
Valentines Day is just around the corner and whether you've got a brand-new romance brewing, going steady or rocking single status, its your day to get all glitzy glam. But picking the right outfit can be as stressful (if not more) as picking the right gift. Now that we have got the gift part covered (here), its time to tackle the style front. Sweet or sultry whatever be your style mood, here is our list of trendy outfits that are fabulous, flattering, and totally unforgettable.
In Cupid-approved red, this dress is stunning & sexy - a perfect mix to mark the occasion.
- ASOS Peplum Dress(Rs. 1011 approx): Looking for that fabulous dress which will make all heads turn and your date go crazy for you? Here, ladies is your answer. This stunning peplum dress with cut out back detail from Asos.com is a beauty you can’t resist.
- Forever 21 Platform Pumps (Rs. 1597 approx): Pair this dress with classy platform pumps. These will make your legs look miles long and give you the perfect poise to carry off any outfit.
- Zara Clutch ( Rs. 4790): We fell in love with this shiny studded clutch from Zara. It is the perfect size to keep all your belongings while looking super stylish.
- Mango Studded Belt (Rs. 890): Cinch the dress at the waist with this pretty studded belt from Mango. Skinny belts make the waist look tiny. Just a tip for all of you to remember when you are dressing up.
- Red Tassel Earrings (Rs. 508 approx; Sheinside.com): Tassels have been in for a long time and we adore this pair of earrings which also have a tiny stud detail. The perfect accessory to team with your red hot dress.
For all you fashionistas out there who don’t want to take the cocktail dress route, this fashion forward outfit is for you.
- Sequin Shorts (Rs. 5893 approx; Romwe.com): Art-deco influences have been huge this season. Spice up your wardrobe and your Valentines date with these sequin shorts. These hot shorts are ‘The one’ if you want to show off your flawless, toned gams while looking uber chic.
- Forever New Top (Rs. 3200): Partner these shorts with this pretty lace peplum top with a hint of blue. Its wise to cover up on top if you are going short for your legs. This feminine top serves the purpose well without looking boring and adds a stylish touch to the look.
- French Connection Blazer (Rs. 6500): We love a shorts and blazer combo. It looks so chic and is definitely a trend to stick to according to runway reviews for this season. This mustard blazer is the best piece to complete this outfit. Throw it on to add an androgynous touch to the outfit while looking sizzling hot.
- Aldo Heels (Rs. 2860): Of course this outfit deserves a pair of heels. These mustard heels from Aldo will give this look a color coordinated feel. Put them on and you are ready to set the town on fire.
- Toniq Hairband (Rs. 269; Myntra.com): We think this would be a great outfit to channel your inner Blair Waldorf. Adorn on this gold hair band with heart detail for a fun twist to the ensemble. Too cute!
Whether dining at a five-star restaurant or taking a late night stroll in favourite part of the city, this eye-catching ensemble is fit for the occasion and flatters just about everyone.
- Leather Pants (Rs. 5908 approx; Asos.com): We have all been lusting over leather pants this season and there can be nothing better than finding a pair in the colour of the moment: Ox blood! These Ox blood leather pants are super skinny and very sexy. Wear these with a lace top, a camisole or check out our awesome recommendation below.
- Forever 21 Top (Rs. 1219 approx): Our pick with the leather pants is this laid back sheer top with stud detail. It is comfy and yet looks very fashionable when teamed with a lace bralette or crop top. The best piece to bring out the rockstar in you.
- Nine West Peep toe Wedges (Rs. 5304 approx): These wedges are so hot, they have us drooling. We love the shiny silver wedge heel and the little peep toe detail. In addition, these go so well with the pants and the top to give you an outfit which looks well put together.
- Charles and Keith Quilted Bag (Rs. 4062 approx): How we adore quilted bags! The reason isn’t a mystery because every quilted bag reminds us of a little Chanel bag we might own someday. But till then we shall be happy with this pretty one from Charles and Keith.
- Makeup Set (Rs. 771; Jabong.com): To be a rockstar you need to look like a rockstar and nothing says rocker chic better than some kohl lined eyes and a beautiful dark coco pout. A steal at just Rs. 771, this makeup set is a must buy.
Its girly pink hue and sexy style make this fun dress perfect for date night.
- Pastel Sequin Dress ( Rs. 1399; Stalkbuylove.com): Give your plain jane look a subtle twist with this gorgeous sequin flapper dress. The pastel shade is totally on trend and is suitable for the fair beauties as well as dusky damsels. The cut of the dress is simple and will look good on all body types as well. This is one deal you shouldn’t miss.
- Tresmode Pumps (Rs. 2100): We love to pair a dress in a muted colour with bright accessories. These bright pink pumps will add the much needed pop of colour and chic element to this outfit.
- Beaded Bag (Rs. 3650; Bestylish.com): This season is all about texture play and this beaded bag is going to get you bang on trend when worn with the sequin dress. Its glitzy, glamorous and the best way to complete the twenties flapper look.
- Maybelline Lip Colour (Rs 350 approx): Add some colour with Berry Desirable lipstick in the prettiest shade of pink from Maybelline. What’s not to love!
- Rose Ring ( Rs. 875; Ozel.co.in): This stunning rosette ring with inset diamonds will add a small dose of bling to your hand. It goes really well with the sequin dress and makes our wallets happy too.
Love or Loathe Valentine's day, we will take any excuse to get presents. Whether that means dropping a hint or two to your significant other or taking matters into your own hands, V-Day is as good an occasion as any to treat yourself to something special. To help you avoid any last minute panic, we've found Valentine's gifts for your most favorite person in the world (yourself included) that are romantic, sentimental and will have your heart beating overtime:
- Vogue - Illustrated History (Rs. 3947; Flipkart.com): For the fashionista in your life, there is nothing more appropriate than a coffee table copy of the Fashion Bible itself. Unique and thoughtful, this gift boasts of how well you know her.
- Guess Watch (Rs. 7650): Make a statement of affection with a perfect statement watch. Trendy yet chic, the subtle rose embossed on the dial gives it sweet feminine touch. It's one arm candy that she will flaunt anywhere and everywhere.
- Gourmet Chocolates (Rs. 799; Delightgifts.in): All a girl needs is a little love and lots of chocolate. Gift these individually gold wrapped gourmet swiss chocolates to the love of your life that will leave her heart and stomach happy.
- Dangler Earrings (Rs.12,800; Caratlane.com): If you want to spoil her in a big way, buy her these. Unique in design and elegant in style, these stunning pair of earrings show her you love her with all your heart.
- Night Wear (Rs. 2995; Shopimagine.com): V-Day is often synonymous with sexy time. Enjoy the starry night with this impossibly provocative and unexpectedly luxurious nightwear. We dare you to keep it on for longer than thirty seconds.
- Coco by Chanel (Rs. 8880; Purplle.com): Simple yet fabulous, just like the woman it was inspired by - the Coco Chanel perfume is richly scented and is a perfect gift for your lady love at any time of year.
- Heart Bracelet (Rs. 13,432; Shoppers Stop): Treat that special person in your life to something she'll remember for years to come. Delicate and dainty this heart shaped bracelet will win her heart all over again.
- Wood Plaque (Rs. 500; Engrave.in): This is one gift that really is about the thought behind it. Nothing says "I put my heart into this" like a personalized memento. Engrave.in will immortalize your favorite moment together into a beautiful carved wooden plaque for as little as Rs. 500.
- Pendant (Rs. 16, 819; Pepperfry.com): Pretty but not overly fancy this gorgeous pendant is the perfect way to display your love for your significant other. So sparkly and stunning, she will fall in love with you all over again.
There's something to be said about using the sleek, basic color combination of black and white. It might be the most tried-and-true color combination, but it still packs a sharp punch.This dynamic pairing was a big hit on the fall runways and it seems to be going strong for the upcoming spring season as well.
Whether you're incorporating these hues through a few sleek extras or theming your entire outfit around this color duo, the result is always striking and sophisticated. Plus the clean palette provides a chance to play up accent hues like bright red lips or contrasting footwear. The only challenge that comes with this palette is to keep the quintessential contrast fresh and modern. We bring you an eclectic mix of a few ultra chic pieces to refresh your black and white style:
- Forever New Blazer (Rs. 3635): Use it to add interest to a pair of simple black skinny jeans and tee or go for a menswear inspired look by teaming this minimalistic tuxedo blazer with a pair of tailored trousers.
- Ivory Tag Bag (Rs. 3499; Myntra.com): Bring a subtle pop of black and white to any outfit with this dual colored bag. Perfectly polished, this bag will make elegant statement at work and weekends alike.
- Forever 21 Colorblock Pants (Rs. 1300 approx): Put a sophisticated spin on your two-toned pairing with these pants at work. A crisp blouse and peep toe pumps will help keep the look strictly professional. They will also come in handy when you are not in the mood for a cocktail dress. Just throw on a dressy top and a pair of pointy stilettos. Pulled back hair with a hint of bold lip will be the perfect finishing touches to a sexy evening look.
- Zara Geometric Necklace (Rs. 1590): Looking to work the balck and white palette in small doses? This statement necklace is guaranteed to add pizzaz to everything from dresses to pant suits.
- Zara Ankle Strap Pumps (Rs.2390): These ankle strap pumps are an unexpected way to inject a little black and white color play into the mix. Wear them to offset an all black outfit or use them to highlight a head to toe black and white rendition.
- Vero Moda Dress (Rs. 471; Shoppers Stop): Get get your black-and-white fix in one go. Case in point: this color blocked dress showcases our favorite monochromatic duo without being overwhelming. Perfect for office with a pair of black pumps and a work tote. It can be easily made a little more cocktail hour worthy with a pair of ankle strap heels and an oversized clutch.
- Mango Shirt (Rs. 2790) A basic button down tempered with black accents works great for both work and play. Partner it with black trousers and pumps for work. For an effortlessly chic play on the monochrome mix, style with a color blocked jacket and sleek leather bottoms to complement.