|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
With everyone from front row regulars to your favorite celebs rocking the bookish look, there’s never been a better time to embrace your inner nerd. Although, wearing a statement making accessory on your face might require special sartorial bravery on your part, trust us when we say that it's the hottest new way to revamp your look. The best part - you don't need a doctors prescription to get on board this trend. Just take a look at our spec-tacular picks to find the most flattering frames for your face:
- Ben10 (Rs. 1260; 99lens.com)
- Rayban (Rs. 7990; Lenskart.com)
- Geek (Rs. 699; Healthkart.com)
- Fashion Street (Rs. 349; Yebhi.com)
- Zara Frame Glasses (Rs. 1190)
- Guess (Rs. 4300; Discountkart.com)
Summer is all about bright & bold colors and that extends to our accessory choices as well. Nothing looks as summery, colorful, youthful and a little mystical as the turquoise blue stone. Loved by boho starlets and immortalized by iconic tastemakers, turquoise accents can take take your look from boring to brilliant in a snap. It's a stone that looks fantastic dressed up or down, and goes with pretty much every color in the rainbow. Make a dramatic statement by teaming it with neutrals like black & white or color block it with other vibrant hues for a more trendy take. We have shortlisted a few gorgeous pieces guaranteed to give your jewelry box an extra dose of effortless cool:
- Zara Necklace (Rs. 1590) : Give your tried & true LBD an instant makeover with a big & beautiful necklace like this. It will look super luxe with your your hair up and some strappy heels.
- Mango Cuff (Rs. 1190): All it takes is one bold cuff to shine bright this season. Refresh your cocktail dress lineup with this one from Mango.
- Pipa Bella Earrings (Rs. 850): These cool blue earrings make a modern statement with any outfit. Wear them with a shirt dress for a new twist on office dressing. They would lend oomph to your weekend t-shirt and jeans routine without being overly distracting.
- Bib Necklace (Rs. 1420; Designemporia.in): Breathe new life into your white tees with this bib necklace. Pair it with your favorite summer white tee and printed shorts for a boho look.
- Bangle Set (Rs. 399; StalkBuyLove.com): This bangle set takes the work out of stacking up bracelets - its a welcome bit of arm candy to dress up your work-to-weekend look.
- Forever21 Ring (Rs. 350 approx): A statement-making ring is the perfect punctuation point to every summer look. Color clash this vibrant turquoise ring with a bright maxi for a day on the beach.
I guess we all agree that sometimes a good old denim wash or a pair of classic black trousers just aren't enough to satisfy our style cravings. For a timely seasonal transition, we are ready to embrace the vibrant patterns and bold colors of printed bottoms. This week, we set out to garner a little outfit inspiration from the always polished singer.At a recent movie screening she was spotted wearing a punched up summer ensemble of bright bloomed bottoms.
Printed pants are dynamic statement pieces that be as pared down or as bold as your mood dictates. Sophie anchored the bright bottoms with a neutral white top and kept her accessories to a minimum, adding on just a chain link necklace and a gold clutch. The cap toe heels added a hint of feminine edge to the whole look. Here is our list of budget picks to help you recreate her casual cool look:
- Zara Jacquard Jacket (Rs. 5390): This jacket from Zara serves a heavy helping of eccentric sophistication with its unique weave and bright colors. Mix it up with patterned shorts to raise the cool quotient of your weekend wear or throw it over a pair of white denim and white tee to let the jacket take center stage.
- Mango Jacket (Rs. 4490): Statement pieces plus basics give way to one pretty flawless and pretty easy outfit formula. Revamp your tried and true LBD by pairing it with this cool cover up or pair it with your favorite well-worn summer shorts to give it a casual spin.
- Forever 21 Blazer (Rs.1850 approx): A subtle, versatile pattern on the sleeves is perfect those hesitant to tackle the print trend head-on. Keep everything else soft and neutral, and let this graphic style be your statement piece.
- Forever New Jacket (Rs. 6000): It perfectly achieves that office-to-happy-hour look with it's crisp and classic cut, yet ever so trendy print. Throw it over over indigo denim and a black tee for instant chic.
- Butterfly Print Jacket (Rs. 1690; Jabong.com): This blazer with its eclectic butterfly print is young and fun. Throw it over a little bright dress to spice up your weekend look.
- Print Jacket (Rs.1875; Koovs.com): A blazer is the easiest way to give yourself that polished professional look, but sometimes, we're looking for a bit more fun. This jacket from Koovs perfectly fits the bill. Pair this with any of your office outfits to achieve what we like to call a'"crazy corporate chic."
At the Spring Summer 2013 shows, designers left little to the imagination, favoring light, sheer fabrics in their collection. They played with the transparency of the fabric to create volume, infuse sex appeal and to allow summer layering. Designers like Donna Karen, Temperly London, Emilio Pucci, Christopher Kane created stunning sheer wonders. Some covered the bodice at just the right places; some showed off the perfect amount of leg from behind a flimsy fabric and some proudly bared the delicate underwear underneath.
A few of the runway looks surely look a bit too daring to try out in the streets of our country, but a girl can certainly take inspiration in small doses. A sheer piece can add that sultry element to a look with ease without risking too much of a skin show. There's nothing quite like a touch of sheer, especially for night.
Here are a few rules to play by when wearing sheer. The most important is layering. Even though that hot lace bra under a sheer button down shirt looks uber cool, you don’t want to call upon too much attention. So when wearing sheer always carry a well fitted blazer or casual cardigan with you in case you need to layer up in an emergency. Number two is if your lingerie is going to be visible, make sure it is color coordinated and fits perfectly. Last but not the least, yes, this trend IS for everybody! Not keen on showing skin? Lining and matching slips and singlets will help you wear this trend without making you feel conscious. Hope our picks for the season inspire you to try the sheer trend!
- Zara Dress (Rs. 3390): We kick start our list with this fabulous dress from Zara. It is very stylish and safe enough for everybody to wear. It is the perfect piece to invest in if you are at just the introductory stage with this trend. We would like to see this beauty worn with bright red stilettos and matching red lips.
- Vero Moda Dress (Rs. 5785 approx): We love how this sexy black halter dress comes with a twist of sheer layering. A great outfit to wear to a formal dinner with statement earrings and a sleek up-do. Let the dress do all the talking.
- Forever 21 Shirt (Rs. 1073 approx): This two-toned shirt is a keeper. It can be worn for both work and play by simply styling it in different ways. Pair it with mint green skinny jeans and loafers or with a well fitted leather skirt. Either way the shirt is sure to make a statement.
- Mango Top (Rs. 990): Sheer raglan sleeves are simply adorable and this top is a total steal at just Rs. 990. The best part is that you can dress it up or down depending on the kind of accessories you choose. Great for all occasions, we say.
- Promod Top (Rs. 2473 approx): A pretty white sheer top is obviously a must have for summer. A great way to create a unique look with this top is to pair it with denim overalls. If you are not a fashion risk taker, try it with a sheer maxi skirt for a soft romantic look.
- Koovs Top (Rs. 1299): We love how this top from koovs.com has a Mondrian inspired feel. Of course, color block is always fashion forward and you can continue the trend by pairing this top with a bright colored skirt or pants in a shocking red or neon pink. Make sure to wear statement accessories to make a fab look out of this.
- Forever New Shirt Dress (Rs. 1800): Shirt dresses are the perfect fix for a lazy day when you are not really in the mood to dress up. Throw in a braided belt, a light summer cardigan and some thong sandals for a relaxed yet stylish look. We love how shirt dresses can also be worn as tops for a change - just tuck these into an A - line skirt. Fashion is all about being versatile.
- Asos Dress (Rs. 3715 approx): We have left our best find for last. This dress can do no wrong. Gorgeous mint color - Check. Cutout detail to make the outfit interesting - Check. Slits to highlight legs - Double check. A beautiful ensemble is ready for you. All you need is a pair of killer black heels and a tiny clutch to rock this outfit.
That was our lowdown on the sheer trend. See, we told you there is a tasteful way to flaunt some skin. Hope to see all of you invest in a sheer piece soon, before it starts pouring because rainy season and sheer clothing simply do not go well together. We hope you can beat the heat this summer by staying breezy and cool with these gorgeous pieces.