|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
Dainty jewelry is all good for summertime, but fall makes us long for more substantial pieces. So what's currently on our radar? Chunky chain necklaces that give everything from a basic t-shirt to a party-ready dress a shot of chic toughness. An obvious statement accent, these sturdy, dazzling baubles are the perfect accompaniment to the season's more dramatic looks. And with so many of fashion's finest, including Rihanna, Gwyneth Paltrow and Taylor Tomasi Hill, already wearing these chunky chain adornments , it's safe to assume they're a wardrobe essential you need now. If there is a missing link in your accessory box, our fantastic selection is here to fill in the gap:
- Forever 21 Necklace (Rs. 700 approx): The tough-but-glam aesthetic of this high drama necklace makes it a total winner. Opting for a strapless silhouette ensures this sparkly accent piece will remain the focus of your look.
- Necklace (Stalkbuylove; Rs.399): The mixed metals allow this piece to seamlessly coordinate with any ensemble, while classic chain-link style will immediately upgrade even the most basic look. Wear it with a button down to office or with a casual dress for a cool weekend outfit.
- Necklace (FabAlley.com; Rs.750):The neon pink ribbon tones down the heavy metal vibe and ups the cool factor. Offset this highlighter-bright piece with an understated tee and boyfriend jeans.
- Forever 21 Necklace (Rs. 600 approx) Whether teamed with an opulent evening look or worn as a dramatic accent to daywear, this statement piece will work double duty.
- Accessorize Necklace (Myntra.com; Rs.1545): This chain necklace with peach stones is at once sweet and modern. Tough chic with a genteel touch that will lend a touch of uptown elegance to a downtown look - think oversized tee, black denims and a cropped jacket.
- Mango Necklace (Rs. 1790): This simple silver chain necklace has an understated, cool-girl vibe we absolutely adore. Wear it to toughen up a slick look of coordinated separates or add it to enhance the grunge vibe of a plaid tee and distressed denims.
Vivienne Westwood brought punk fashion to the runway in the late seventies and since then there has been no looking back. The on again off again trend is more of a subculture than a fashion statement, which has its roots in music, art. Designers like Jean Paul Gaultier and Westwood have been proponents of the trend season after season whereas other established and younger designers take inspiration from time to time.
For Fall Winter 2013 punk is back is a big way. Leading designers like Balmain, Chanel and Saint Laurent captured the essence of this season’s rebellious mood by featuring an evolved and sophisticated version of the trend to. The cutting edge look was huge on the street style radar at the recent Spring Summer 2014 shows with prominent bloggers and fashion editors embracing black, plaid, leather and zippers in their own fashionable ways. Today we show you how to work a touch of punk into your closet with the help of a few key pieces - leather, plaid, heavy-metal embellishments and more leather. You may go the whole way with a head to toe grunge look or can add a few punk elements to give your fall look a rebellious spin. Either way, it will make a big impression and its fun to look like the bad girl once in a while.
- Zara Skirt (Rs. 6990): Move over studs, this season’s badass chic is all about zippers. This Zara skirt is a great find and can be styled for a day look with a white shirt and a distressed denim jacket and with a loose sequin vest and a leather jacket thrown over for a night out.
- Forever 21 Moto Jacket (Rs. 2936 approx): This Moto Jacket is absolutely one of our favourite pieces. We love that it is an oversized version of a regular motorcycle jacket and the stud details simply make it even more irresistible. Wear this stunner with skinny jeans tucked into ankle boots and a oversized tee or hang it over your party dress for a chic yet edgy look.
- Mango Plaid Shirt (Rs. 3790): Tartan and plaid are great separates to add into a grunge look. A casual plaid shirt can be knotted up and worn with cool distressed denim cutoffs and can be just as easily translated into a chic formal look with stilettos and a stylish leather pencil skirt. One can work the punk trend in a classy way too, so do give it a try.
- Vero Moda Anna Necklace (Rs. 2246 approx): A punk look is certainly incomplete without the right accessories. Thick chain necklaces, detailed ear cuffs, multiple rings and statement necklaces can help you put your outfit together. We are in love with this stunning neck-piece from Vero Moda. Wear this funky necklace with laid back black leather trousers and a crop top or with a bodycon leather dress for a night out.
- Maxi Dress (Stalkbuylove.com; Rs. 999): This is one hell of a cool dress we came across and we had to share it with all of you. We adore the criss-cross detail and the sexy side slits. Wear this dress with a sleeveless leather vest and biker boots. You may also wear it fuss free without any layering, but remember to pile on the accessories to achieve the dramatic look.
- Biker Boots (Rs. 4730 approx): Biker boots are the perfect punctuation marks for any grunge ensemble. They are versatile and can be worn with dresses, skirts, pants or leggings. A definite must - have for a punk queen, these boots are comfy and can be worn casually or to a party. They are sure to make a fabulous statement.
When you have got your outfit together perfectly, don’t stop there. Experimenting with makeup and hair is fun when you are going for a punk inspired getup. Complete the look with a nice winged eyeliner and dark lips or a black smokey eye and nude gloss. Play with your hair by slicking it all back with gel or make a mohawk like puff and tie it in a ponytail. This is definitely a trend to stay for the coming seasons as well so punk up your wardrobe soon and have fun experimenting with your dark side.
While Jessica Alba is fascinating to watch for her talents on screen, it's her offscreen expertise as a red-carpet beauty, street-chic queen, and a budding entrepreneur that has us under a major style spell. She was recently spotted putting her fashionable foot forward in an on-trend pastel pink skirt. What we love most about this ballerina inspired look is that besides the pretty pink tone and flowly feel of her skirt, she kept everything else understated. Up top Jessica opted for a fitted black top with a patent bag satchel in the same hue and finished the look with black ankle strap heels and delicate clover earrings. Recreate this look on a budget with our picks:
When it comes to footwear, we all love the glamorous appeal of a slim stiletto heel but there are days when there is nothing quite as charming and comfortable as flat oxfords. The formal shoe from decades ago is still as much in style as it was all those years back - the lower heel profile makes them comfortable without losing an ounce of cool. From the classic leather style to the more fashion forward versions with metallic shine, tough studs or exotic animal prints, these babies are a beauty in every form and definitely a must-have for the winter months.
The borrowed-from-the-boys oxfords are perfect for pairing with jeans, dresses, and beyond. Wear them with a casual outfit of jeans and a tee or rock them with a skater skirt; create an Edwardian look with a waistcoat and formal pants or wear them with a pretty floral dress – the options are endless. We have rounded up 10 pairs of oxfords that you’ll be happy to swap in for those sky-high heels.
- Forever 21 Oxfords(Rs. 1682 approx): These edgy black oxfords from Forever 21 have a lovely cutout detail which make them unique and hard to resist. We would love to see these styled with a monochrome shirt and a high waist pencil skirt.
- Cheap Monday Oxfords (Asos.com; Rs. 9587 approx): We surely love all things shiny and these oxfords from Cheap Monday are no exception. Wear these with leggings and a long, loose tee for a rocker chic look and you could really spice up the outfit with Lennon-like round sunglasses and a cool bowler hat.
- Zara Brogues (Rs. 3790): Embrace your inner tomboy in these slick masculine flats. They have that classic borrowed-from-the-boys feel that'll look even better against cuffed boyfriend jeans. They will look equally cool with a pair of high waist shorts and a striped shirt.
- Nine West Oxfords (Rs. 5587 approx): Add some colour to your footwear collection with these pretty oxfords from Nine West. Wear these with a summer dress and a leather bag for a day out with your friends or pair them with a maxi skirt and a crop top for a very fashion forward look.
- Charles & Keith Oxfords (Rs. 3075 approx): Channel a little edginess in the preppy staple via studs like on these shoes. Pair with a cool blazer and a lots of chains for a rocker chic look. These oxfords can make your casual look a lot trendier and your going out look laid back and easy chic.
- Clarks Gold Oxfords (Rs. 3599): Glamorize your most casual looks with these fantasy gold oxfords. They would look best when worn with an accordion pleated skirt and a pretty shirt with a cool bowtie. We love how these shoes can take you effortlessly from day to night.
We hope we have been successful in making you fall in love with this uber cool trend. We would love to see how you would style these oxfords according to your personality. We also encourage you to experiment with different kinds of frilly, sheer and knee high socks while you are at it to give your look that extra punch. This weekend give your feet the comfort they deserve while still looking like your fashionable self.
For Fall 2013, everybody from Ralph Lauren to BCBG, Tory Burch to Michael Kors, have given a fashionable nod to the few-inches-below-the -knee trend. Midi skirts were made fashion forward and current by adding interesting elements like volume, perforation, slits and textured fabric. Lapped up by street style bloggers all over the world, the midi skirt trend is everywhere worn in every way from voluminous to pleated, flowy to full, it is a trend to be adopted into your wardrobes without a doubt.
Yes, we know that midi skirts look stunning on 6 feet tall models, but self doubt creeps in when we picture ourselves wearing these pieces. This trend is definitely for everyone, all you need to know is how to work your proportions. For the petite lasses we recommend high heels, for the pear - shaped, this trend is a blessing in disguise and for the curvy, flaunt your curves by wearing a fitted blouse on top. These beauties can be styled in many different ways and can be easily dressed up or dressed down.
- Zara Denim Skirt (Rs. 3990): This denim skirt from Zara is an ode to seventies fashion so dress it up in a vintage look with a satchel, a tucked in a sweater, grandma’s watch and brogues. You may also go the denim on denim way with this one to make a strong style statement.
- Forever 21 Chiffon Skirt (Rs. 1135 approx): This skirt from Forever 21 can look as elegant or as rocker chic as the separates you team it with. For an elegant look, wear it with a blouse in a contrasting color and block heels and for a rocker chic look bring out your leather jacket and biker boots. Either way, its going to make you look fabulous!
- Mango Full Skirt (Rs. 1990): This pretty skirt will look perfect when paired with a lovely crochet or knit top and styled with gold accessories. We are thinking boho chic with flower headbands and easy-peezy thong sandals.
- Zara Pleated Skirt (Rs. 4990): We think this formal number would look cool when styled with a simple tank top, some sneakers and a cap for an uber chic New York look. For a more edgy look team it with a bandeau bra paired with a fitted blazer and sky high platform heels.
- Polka Dot Midi (Rs. 1100; Koovs.com): Somehow polka dots always seem to make their way into our posts and into our hearts no matter what the trend. We would like to style this retro number with a sexy white crop top and comfy wedges or even a formal white shirt and sleep pumps. Also, the price makes this skirt a steal, grab it before it goes.
- Embroidered Skirt (Rs. 899; Stalkbuylove.com): Let’s add an Indian touch to this shopping list with a cool embroidered skirt from stalkbuylove.com. We would love to see it worn with a chic chambray shirt and a statement traditional neckpiece and pretty jooties.
The midi skirt trend has never really gone out of fashion over the decades and keeps returning ever so strongly every couple of seasons. Ladies, this would definitely be a great investment for the stylish seasons to come and you can wear these in a million different ways to create an entirely new ensemble every single time you wear the trend.