|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
The best news we've heard all season? Backpacks aren't just for back-to-school anymore. Whether on one shoulder or two, stuffed to the brim or slouchy and spare, the backpack is well… back! With a perfect blend of flare and function the backpack has come a long way from the kind you had in high school. The new versions have all the trappings of grown-up add-ons making them sophisticated and sassy. Shop every style at every budget right now and be prepared for your back to thanks you:
- Zara Rucksack (Rs.3790): A black bag with gold accents is always a classy option. This simple, yet striking bag is a great crossover bag that’ll look professional during the week and chill on the weekends.
- Forever New Bag (Rs. 2800): This ultra-luxe beauty from Forever New is decidedly grown-up and refined. It has all the downtown radness of a good old backpack with just a little bit of minimalism in the mix. Use it to add a sporty vibe to a jersey LBD.
- Aldo Backpack (Rs. 2925): Get your dose of plaid this season with this activity friendly and absolutely fuss free knapsack from Aldo. It's the ultimate work-to-workout carryall that will hold all your every day essentials while making your look chic.
- Accessorize Bag (Rs. 4345): The simple style and subdued tones of this pack make it an instant classic. Elegant but tough, the more beaten up this gets, the better it will look.
- Forever 21 Backpack (Rs. 1950): Bright and bold, with ever-practical exterior pockets, this is an ultra-affordable way to get in on the backpack trend. Wear this with a flowy printed skirt during the summer and a cozy turtleneck come fall.
- Craftsvilla Bag (Rs.1300): We all crave a carryall that will get us stylishly out the door in a flash. This neutral black bag with beautifully embroidered flaps that effortlessly mix elegance and youth is your answer.Team it with a printed maxi dress for a cool bohemian vibe
Does the backpack make your fashion honor roll? Or were you over it the moment you stepped out of high school?
Some remind us of our childhood onesies, some remind us of the chilled out nineties and some simply make us want to get into them so we can look chic and comfy all at the same time. The overall trend has been going strong since last season and is sure to stay here for a while. It is a slightly tricky trend to follow and some people prefer to avoid this one, but trust us, if done the right way, this trend can give you that effortlessly chic relaxed look which you always wished to sport.
The best way to rock the overall trend is to pair your overalls with a cool crop top, fancy sunglasses and some kickass doc martens. If you are not ‘that’ girl, pair them with a cute printed button down shirt, a pretty braided hairdo and sensible ballet flats. Overalls can look great with anything from cool sneakers to chic stilettos, so there is plenty of room for experimentation. We came up with a list of our current favorite overalls in stores right now, just for you with tips on how to style each one of them.
- Zara Denim Overalls (Rs. 2990): We love the baby blue stone washed look and think these would look really cute with a white blouse or shirt paired with stylish brogues.
- Forever 21 Black Overalls (Rs. 2086 approx): Forever 21 gives us classic black overalls which can take you from college to a hang out day with the girls or even to a concert or a movie. These overalls can be teamed with just about anything from a shirt to a simple tee. For the gutsy, you can even try teaming it with a nice bralette and for the modest, try it with a fitted crop jacket.
- Vero Moda Overalls (Rs. 3398 approx): We love these earthy toned overalls so much because they can be easily worn as they are. However, if you are a fan of layering your outfits try this with a full - sleeve formal shirt or add a trendy printed blazer on top. A sleek belt at the waist will give the look a better fit and we can best imagine these with a pair of sky high heels.
- Forever 21 Denim Overalls (Rs. 1895 approx): This piece is simply adorable and we like it more because its a new take on the traditional overalls. Try these with flatforms and a statement bag to make your ensemble stand out. Chunky gold jewellery and a high ponytale will make this look go from cutesy to edgy.
- Overalls (Rs. 1695; koovs.com): The perfect casual overall to be worn for a stroll or to the beach or perhaps a stroll on the beach. Wear this one with a bikini top, flip flops and a big summer tote to fit in all your essentials.
- Zara Pinafore (Rs. 1190): Wear this cute denim overall with a high collar shirt and bow tie for a preppy look. Adding an oversized coat on top can take this look to a whole new level.
When picking overalls always make sure the fit is right, the length is flattering and the buttons are adjustable. We promise it will be the comfiest piece of clothing you own and you can have lots of fun layering it up or dressing it down. Make sure to pick one while the trend is still hot!
The fashion pack has been working the worn-in denim trend for spring and the look is still dominant going into the fall season. Beat-up, lived-in jeans have a certain love-worn appeal, something that you’ve owned forever and it goes right along with the season's casual vibe. From tiny snips to huge skin-flashing holes, there's a pair of destroyed denim for everyone. Skinny fits are perfect with oversize tees and blouses, while the boyfriend jean is made for heels and a fitted top. We’ve gathered an assortment of pairs for you to try. From skinny silhouettes to baggy boyfriend shapes, pick the one that suits your personality the best:
- ASOS Jeans (Rs. 4000 approx.): Boyfriend jeans are everything you could want in a pair of pants: They're loose and comfortable, and when paired with feminine accessories and fun colors, they really hit the denim style jackpot. Partner yours with a simple white tee and sleek black heels. Throw on a metallic jacket for a glam finishing flourish.
- Zara Jeans (Rs. 3990): Zara makes this wardrobe basic look fresh by adding funky patches to a ripped style. It’s the perfect mix of grunge (the patches) meets sexy (the fit). Give it a laid-back vibe by wearing it with a hip band tee and some suede ankle boots. You can also choose to go the sophisticated route by adding a chic blazer, a sheer top and your highest heels.
- Mango Jeans (Rs. 3490): Rock the loose-fit phenomenon with a distressed pair of boyfriend jeans. Just because the jeans are casual, that doesn't mean you can't look super glam while wearing them. Go all out edgy by paring them with a structured flirty top, cool heels and a red hot lip.
- Only Jeans (Rs. 2995; Koovs.com): A dash of distressed detail keeps this piece simple and sophisticated. For a cool contrast, partner it with a prim and proper white button down. Mix in a few edgy extras like a statement necklace and some fierce heels.
- Forever21 Jeans (Rs 1800 approx.): A singular statement rip is all you need to 'rock the look'. This pair fits like a glove and can be dressed down with a flowy tunic and flats sandals or dressed up with towering heels and a feminine blouse.
Fashion is quickly moving towards the comfortable zone and we for sure love it. As sneakers replace heels and track pants become sartorially approved evening wear, the trend is slowly edging towards the ease and effortlessness of dressing up. In such an environment, street style bloggers have taken the liberty to carelessly tie up their tees and shirts making it the coolest and most carefree trend of the moment. It is an easy way to add some edginess to a boring dress and some easy chic to those stern office pants.
A knotted up shirt or top can be layered over an outfit to create some drama as well as cheekily tied up over a cute bralette. The options are too many and we encourage all of you to try this easy breezy trend out. The best part is that you don’t even need to invest in a new top, just give that old oversized shirt a makeover by wearing it tied up in the front or knot up that graphic print tee to the side to give it an instant fashionable uplift. However, those of you who wish to shop, we have a lovely pick of outfit ideas just for you!
Look 1: Cropped Tie up Our first pick for the series is this pretty front tie top from asos.com We would love to see it paired with a sleek floral pencil skirt. Make it a stylish look accessorized with matching sky high heels and a lovely clutch. A statement necklace and a trendy studded belt complete this chic outfit.
- Asos Tie Front Top (Rs. 755 approx)
- Zara Skirt (Rs. 2990)
- Steve Madden Heels (Rs. 4899)
- Forever 21 Clutch (Rs. 1201 approx)
- Mango Belt (Rs. 690)
- Vero Moda Necklace (Rs. 2181)
Look 2: Safe with DenimA classy and safe look for those who are not too experimental when it comes to dressing up. We adore the color of this pretty blouse from Forever 21 and paired it with well-fitted skinny jeans. Comfy wedges and a cutesy box clutch compliment the outfit well. This look is great for work as well as going out.
- Forever 21 Shirt (Rs. 1071)
- French Connection Denim (Rs. 3299)
- Forever New Wedges (Rs. 1895)
- Miss Sixty Bag (Rs. 4087 approx)
- Ayesha Cuff(Myntra.com; Rs. 150)
- Earrings (Yebhi.com; Rs. 699)
Look 3: Smart LayeringA white tie up shirt over a dress is a great way to layer a summer dress. A solid color clutch and neutral platform heels make the outfit effortlessly fashionable. We added pearl accents for a sophisticated and feminine look.
- Shivangi Sahni Top (Rs. 4650, perniaspopupshop.com)
- Foral Dress (Koovs.com; Rs. 2800)
- Platform Heels (Ninewest.com; Rs. 6664 approx)
- Yellow Clutch (Stalkbuylove.com; Rs. 899)
- Zara Necklace (Rs. 1790)
- Forever 21 Bracelet (Rs. 354 approx)
This trend gives you an opportunity to experiment with lengths and you can easily hop onto the crop top trend by tying up a normal tee to look like a crop top. Since this is a fun trend, make sure to have lots of fun with your hair and makeup too to make the look your very own. Hope you enjoyed our lovely outfits and we would love to see you post pictures of yourself wearing this cool trend soon.
There's a reason a pant suit holds a special place in our fashion landscape — the slick silhouette along with the slimming shape just commands attention. For women with room for creativity, a suit can surprising fun and versatile. Case in point is our this week's celeb style pick - Nargis Fakhri who brought the drama in a sculpted pant suit. She puts her own unique spin on the menswear-inspired look by partnering two sleek separates and giving them a glam upgrade. She kept the rest of the look simple and fuss free by adding a pair glittery pumps and black tank. We are absolutely smitten by her sleek ensemble and couldn't wait to recreate the look on budget: