|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
The festival season might be over, but that doesn't mean you have to pack away your sparkly pieces. Day or night, any occasion is a good excuse to bust out your sequins. Take your cue from the always radiant Anushka Sharma who donned her sequins at recent event and looked super chic while doing so. We love how she glammed up her basics with a sparkly top to add just enough shine to make it feisty. Our favorite touch are the deep burgundy lips. Re-create her look with our budget friendly picks and shine on!
Plaid is a classic cold weather print that has been an evergreen closet staple since our good old school days. Thankfully the preppy pattern has come a long way since then and is having a especially major moment right now. This season, designers presented the classic print in unexpected and exciting iterations that were bold, sophisticated and yet timeless.
We have fallen hard for all the fresh checks popping up everywhere and whether you dress it up with some sleek bottoms, wrap it around your neck, or rock some head-to-toe tartan, there is a plaid piece to suit every fashion personality. There are both edgy and chic ways to work the distinguished print, all you need is to style them with a fresh set of eyes. Go for a gutsy modern look with mixing and matching your tartan, or opt for a more subdued version by paring your plaid pieces with trusty neutrals like black and camel. And, if you like the trend, but just want a touch of it, go for an eye catching accessory like a bag or a scarf. Take style style cues from the fashion forward crowd and then shop our picks to bring a little, or a lot of, plaid into your wardrobe.
- Mango Coat (Rs. 4490): If you’re looking for something unboring and totally different then scoop up a crisp plaid number like this coat. Throw it over your jeans t-shirt combo to give a quick upgrade to your weekend look. For a more interesting approach team it with your girlie printed dress and some cool flats.
- Gas Shirt (Rs.2660; Shoppers Stop): This shirt delivers the plaid gone proper vibe. Team it with your office trousers to make it work for a 9-5 routine or throw it over your skinny jeans and ankle booties for a relaxed weekend look.
- Forever 21 Sweater (Rs. 1100 approx): Get a more contemporary twist on plaid with this bright red checked sweater from Forever 21. Play with patterns by throwing a plaid jacket in a similar color scheme over it or team it with anything black from skinny jeans to maxi skirts for a more toned down style.
- Reiss Saffi (Rs. 1195; Myntra.com): A tartan laptop cover is great way to add a flash of patterned fun to the mix.
- Zara Trousers (Rs.2790): I am sure most of you would have one or more plaid tops in your closet but how many of you have a pair of cool plaid pants? I bet not many. Swap your dark skinnies with these plaid ones and lift them up with pointy toe pumps and a slouchy sweater for a look that screams off-duty model. Of course, if you are looking for a more daring look, then nothing beats a plaid on plaid pairing.
- Ivory Tag Sling Bag (Rs.2450; Jabong.com): This super cute messenger bag will give any outfit the perfect dose of preppy coziness and bright color.
- Mango Shirt (Rs.1990): Wearing plaid is easy when it comes to shirts. The gold hardware on this adds a bit of edge to the otherwise preppy staple. Wear this one with jeans and motorcycle boots for a rocker vibe or with knee high boots for a chic urban look. We love the idea of breaking the usual button down dress code and glamming up the shirt with a pleated mini skirt and some high heels for an evening out.
- Plaid Dress (Rs. 1279; Jabong.com): Not a plaid pants girl? How about a graphic dress? We love this blue version for it would be an easy outfit solution this winter. Wear it with black tights and your fav boots for a quick outfit change. It would make an ideal work dress too with black blazer thrown over it.
The short grey days of winter tend to feel gloomier with the darker color palettes that dominate our wardrobes. This week’s color story is perfectly timed to add some seasonal cheer to your outfits and help you beat the winter blues- quite literally. Call it cobalt, royal or azure blue, this vivid shade of blue is the key to freshening up your wardrobe & your look this season. Cobalt blue has been popping in outfits from the runway to the streets to stimulating editorials. Fall collections were dotted with pops of rich blue tones; with even more designers offering brighter versions of the shade for the Spring season.
Universally flattering, the striking blue hue stands out against the typical neutral and jewel tones of fall. Partner it with lighter hues for a fresh take on the trend or you can opt for this shade in contrasting textures of lace, leather or knits for a more edgy take. You are absolutely in the game if you have some blue in your wardrobe! But if you don’t, click through for a selection of gorgeous pieces to wear now and straight through Spring:
- Marks and Spencer Jacket (Rs. 5,481 approx): This classic tux-style jacket in blue is a sure stunner, especially with the intricate floral motifs. A tested and proven winner, this jacket will never fail to spruce up your look for that special meeting at work when paired with well trimmed black trousers. Team it with skinny jeans and a bright coloured tank top, and you are set for a fun evening out.
- Promod Skirt (Rs. 1,400 approx): This fitted skirt in cool azure hue is a true companion for a fashionista like you. Effortlessly blending into formal and casual events alike, this piece will prove to be a head turner every time. For a cozy yet sexy look, pair with opaque black leggings with black pumps, and a white pullover.
- Forever 21 Dress (Rs. 1,700 approx): Blue dresses are a cooler alternative to the classic LBD and make for a sizzling statement piece. Wrapped in delicate, lady like lace all over, it’s impossible to feel any winter blues with this dress on. Just add on a pair of sky high pumps and be the object of envy anywhere you go.
- Vero Moda Jeggings (Rs. 2,488 approx): Bright bottoms have been a rage for quite some time. If you are late to the party, then these blue pants are great way to try the trend. Wonderfully fashionable and surprising comfy, investing in one of these will definitely be a wise choice for the season. Neutralize them with a grey or black top and easy flats for a day out. For a more daring look, parnter with a similar hued jacket and some stilettoes.
- Zara Top (Rs. 1990): This top hits two trends at once. Peplum plus hot blue equals eye popping style. Perfect for a cocktail party, this top will look fabulous partnered with cigarette pants or a slim skirt. Add a statement necklace in a contrasting color for a dramatic effect. If you want to stay subtle, then just finish with pointy pumps in a neutral tone.
- Ekaya Dupatta (Rs. 8,050 approx; Perniaspopupshop.com): Nothing can beat the rich, elegant style that traditional Indian dupattas and stoles add to a look. If you are planning to dress up all desi, be it for a wedding or a warm family get together, this handloom woven dupatta, is our absolute favorite. With silver and gold motifs, it makes for a perfect showstopper. Pair with a monochrome chudidar kurta in any contrasting shade and you are set to rule the party.
- Mango Sweater (Rs. 2,790): The asymmetric striped pattern is what makes this sweater what it is – super stylish. Perfect to look your best whilst shileding against the harsh winter chill, this sweater in all its color block glory will easily become a wardrobe staple this season. Pair with your favourite skinny jeans and show off the style diva in you. The best part - its unique pattern practically negates the need to accessorise!
Sparkling up the winter romance with this passionate shade is definitely one of the many ways to spend the chilling months tastefully. What piece is your fave in this bunch? Would you pair it with another bright? Or wear it with a neutral?
We know looking cute in the frightful cold weather of January can be quite a challenge, which is why we bring you the perfect outfit pick-me-up: the scarf, our absolute favorite winter weather accessory. Super chic and definition of cozy, scarves can be as fashion forward as they are functional.
Tie them in a knot, drape them over your shoulders or just wind the around your neck, scarves are one the easiest makeover tricks that can take an outfit from drab to dramatic in a few quick seconds. From colorful knits to cozy printed versions, we have found some of the coolest pieces to keep you toasty during these winter months:
- Vero Moda Tube Scarf (Rs 1800 approx): Chunky and incredibly cozy, this infinity scarf will guard you against those piercing winter chills while making you look chic and put together. Wear it with everything from your jeans to dresses, it’s your ultimate winter weapon.
- White Lotus geometric Scarf: (Rs. 437; Myntra.com): A scarf doesn't just have to be a winter necessity, instead make it the center of your outfit with this pick from Myntra. Black and white and chic all over, this scarf from Myntra makes for an interesting addition to any outfit. Drape it under your blazer and trousers for the office and let it hang loose over your t-shirt for a more casual vibe over the weekends.
- Mango Animal Print Scarf (Rs.990): The alluring animal print of this scarf is both trendy and sophisticated. Loop this charmer around your neck to give any outfit that extra kick.
- French Connection Multicoloured Scarf (Rs.1274 sale): Looking for an inexpensive way to bring some color to your outfits? Get your hands on this super cute multi colored scarf that goes with everything in your closet from fitted blazers to longer coats.
- Forever Sequin Scarf (Rs. 700 approx): Go glam this winter with a sequin striped scarf. The basic black color and the subtle sequins make it perfect for both day time as well as night. Team it with your sweater dress or wear it in the evenings with your trousers for a hint of glitz.
- Diesel Unisex Scarf (Rs. 3895): If you have the tendendcy to go for a darker pallette in winters, then this Diesel scarf is just what you need. An abstract print with a dash of neon will add a fun twist your winter garb.
- Forever New Stripe Scarf (Rs. 1000): Bring a dash of colorful stripes to your outfits with this bright hued checkered scarf. Wrap it under your jacket to beat the chill and throw it over your favorite denim shirt as the weather warms up.
It’s officially the most wonderful time of the year! And along with a slew of other invites, comes the highly anticipated office annual gala. It’s one time of the year that has everyone including your boss in good spirits. And this is your chance to stand out, mingle with the higher-ups and truly shine! (subtly of course). Dressing for the office party can be a bit tricky because you want to look festive without looking unprofessional. To ease your outfit dilemmas, we have put together four safe but sensational looks that will add the right amount of glitz to any kind of workplace party:
Let's Peplum It: A pair of black pants become instanly party appropriate with the addtion of a trendy top and edgy accessories. These Zara pants are pretty festive on their own and throw in a of-the-moment peplum top in the mix and you’ve got yourself one firece outfit. Finish it up with nude heels and an soapbox clutch and don’t forget to top off the look with a swipe of red lipstick.
Sequin Trap: It may be obvious to wear sequins during the holiday season, but this top is pure winter glamour. Try mixing the sequin top with a demure pencil skirt to create a chic contrast. Finish up with your favourite party shoes and that treasured ring for a look that is bound to earn you extra style points from the party crowd.
Dress it Up: At your next office get together, show off your after-hours charm in a flirty pleated dress. Partner the dress with a classic brown blazer to give it a more modern vibe as well as to keep it on the conservative side. Elevate the glam factor with drop earrings, snake skin pumps and an eye catching clutch.
Skirting It: Show your co-workers your party spirit in this modest yet sharp outfit. A hint of leopard makes this skirt night-time certified and the knee length keeps it work appropriate. Partner it with a trendy lace top and opt for black pumps and a gold cuff to complete the look.