|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
Call it burgundy, wine, bordeaux or use its latest 'it' term 'Oxblood' - the dark sultry shade with its overpowering presence on the fall runways has solidified its status as the hottest hue of the season. Designers took red to a deeper level with a burst of berry hues spotted on the runways of the likes of Alexander Wang, Donna Karen and Peter Som. This rich, intense color is as sexy as red yet as versatile and chic as basic black. It's dark & moody yet sophisticated too.
A dash of this luxe shade is enough to lend an air of mystery to your winter staples. Use chic neutrals like black, camel or gray to offset your burgundy pieces. If a dash of it isn't enough to satisfy your color craving, go for a head to toe monochromatic look by picking up varying shades in different textures. Whatever be your styling preference make sure you include this luxe hue in your closet this season. To help you take the first step we've gone ahead and picked the best of the best sanguine pieces:
- Zara Biker Coat (Rs. 11,990): Outerwear was given the sultry berry treatment with this fierce biker coat at Zara. Between its trendy hue, faux leather sleeves and the edgy hardware, this coat will turn heads the moment you step out in it.
- Myntra Pants (Rs. 1299): You’ve got to love something that makes you look totally trendy with almost zero effort. These pants in the deep merlot hue look seasonal and can be dressed up with a lace top and stilettos or dressed down with some chunky boots and a cozy sweater.
- Forever 21 Sweater (Rs. 1200 approx): Work a burst of berry into your everyday dressing with this cute bow printed sweater. Partner it with a black pleated skirt and ankle booties for a fun weekend outing.
- Forever New Pumps (Rs. 3600): With a classic shoe in a beautiful and versatile color like this, you will sure be tempted to trade in your blacks and beige. They will look work appropriate with your formal pants and adorable with thin black ankle socks and a flowy knee length skirt.
- French Connection Clutch (Rs. 3999): Energize your winter outfits with this cranberry hued stunner. It will give your outfits a unique vintage inspired look by adding a sweet twist to those tough-girl dresses and ultra-high platforms.
- Forever 21 Dress (Rs. 1400 approx): This curve hugging number in a rich burgundy hue is perfect for nights when you want to go out and make a splash. Highlight its gold details with some gilded accessories of your - a box clutch and a pair of ankle strap heels will do the trick.
- Mango Top (Rs. 2790): From office to after hours this peplum top in distinctive red hue will look chic equally with pants or a pencil skirt.
While we love the idea of stylish outerwear in winters, it’s the new crop of footwear that excites us the most about the dipping temperatures. This season’s supercharged ankle boots are the perfect little outfit finishers. Perfect with a pair of jeans or a cocktail dress, cropped booties are the freshest way to work a hint of chic into your everyday wardrobe.
Suede, leather, embellished or buckled, this versatile baby has enough punchy detail to add interest to even the most bundled-up look. With winters just about knocking on our doors, what better time to search for a pair than this weekend? Here is our list of wearable favorites:
- Nine West Haywire Booties (Rs. 5320): Nothing adds drama to an outfit the way a leopard print does! If they happen to be a pair of lust worthy leopard print booties then an instant touch of glamour is a given. Team these with a sand coloured midi dress. Keep the accessories to a minimal - the boots are the real scene stealer.
- Mango Suede Ankle Boots (Rs.5990): Add some life to your gloomy winter days with these tan coloured ankle booties. Wear them with rolled up denim and an oversized sweater for a cool pulled together vibe.
- Zara Zip Shoes (Rs. 5990): If you fancy androgyny then these classic brown boots will be your favourite this winter. A button-up shirt partnered with high waist trousers and you are bound to leave a favorable impression on all your colleagues.
- Clarks Coffee Boots; Jabong.com (Rs. 5999): Burgundy ruled the Autumn-Winter runways. This gorgeous hue has been declared the colour of the season. Make this trend your own by pairing it with black skinny jeans, a cream blouse and a classic boyfriend blazer. Complete the look with these enviable burgundy booties.
- Steve Madden Vampire Boots (Rs. 7050 approx.): Spikes and studs spell ‘rocker chic’. Awaken the rockstar in you by pairing it with a rather feminine dress. The softer silhouette of the dress along with the fierce spiked booties add an interesting contrast just as your inner ‘yin’ and ‘yang’.
- Pavers England Shoes; Yebhi.com (Rs. 2699): If you like mixing fun with fashion then these peep-toe booties are the way to go! And at less than Rs. 3000, this pair is as cheap as it is chic. We would love to flaunt these babies with a pencil skirt and a silk top.
- Aldo Gaunt Shoes (Rs. 6010 approx.): Suede shoes add that instant dollop of exclusiveness to any outfit. These are just right when you are pulling together a look that spells a certain amount of subtle enigma. Team these with oxblood jeggings, a striped tee and a cardigan for a look that will keep you stylish from am to pm.
- Charles & Keith shoes (Rs. 4155 approx): This black beauty should be a winter wardrobe staple. Pair this up with your favourite jeans, a cute top and a well fitted cropped jacket for a casual but a very chic and sophisticated look.
With so many enviable options, which ones are you coveting?
Apart from hot chocolate nights and all day coffee breaks, plummeting temperatures make us yearn for another one of our favorite passtimes – shopping for trendy winter wear! And while there are several options for jackets and coats available in the markets, nothing beats the cozy comfort and style that knits offer.
This season, the knits get even more comfy and fashionable, as they get chunky, cuddly and oversized. These sweaters with their subtle knit details are a great way to introduce texture to your winter wardrobe. Though we love the inherent lazy feel of the chunky knits, the super sized proportions can at times be overwhelming and make them a styling nightmare. The trick here is to balance the weight & bulkiness of the heavy fabric with slimmer sihlouettes. Partner them with anything from skinny jeans and cigarette pants to sleek pencil skirts for a flattering contemporary look.
Feeling all warm and toasty yet? Need some style ideas? Check out our favourite styles above for some inspiration and then take your picks from our hand selected pieces below:
- GAS Sweater; Myntra.com (Rs 5,550): This is a perfect blend of trendy yet sophisticated and fun yet formal which gets extra style points for the turtle neck. It’s the kind of sweater you wear all winter long with your slouchiest denim and slickest trousers. Our personal favorite though is to mix it up with a fitted pencil skirt and tall knee high boots for a polished vibe.
- Forever 21 Cardigan (Rs. 1700): Warm and cozy for the winters, this chunky sweater with attractive knit pattern is appropriate for all occasions. Dress it down with your basic denim for running errands and up the style quotient by wearing it with a skirt and a bright top. Punctuate the look with ankle booties and tights.
- Promod Sweater (Rs 1,390 approx): Ah! the evergreen reds. Nothing can beat the stylish cosy look that ribbed knitwear offers. This super hot pullover in thick, rich wool is just apt for the chilly season and the freezing winds. Pairing with absolutely any look is bound to be a guaranteed hit. We love the idea of teaming it with a flared hemmed skirt in a darker tone, black tights and lace up booties to finish the look.
- Zara Cardigan (Rs 4,790): Wintery goodness in rich jewel tones is what this oversized Zara cardi is about. Getting one of these is definitely worth a thought; especially this season when oversized is the mantra for winter wear. Throw it over your beloved jeans and ballet flats for a walk in the park. Swap the flats for a pair of pumps, add a stunning necklace and you are all set to go out with the girls!
- Shopppers Stop Knit (Rs. 1990): For ladies who love their summer dresses, an oversized sweater like this one is the perfect topper for chilly days. Throw it over a printed dress, clinch the waist with a slim belt and add some chunky boots to step out in style.
- Mango Sweater (Rs 1,790): Young & peppy, colourful and warm this red and white thick sweater will be a perefect addtion to your winter wardrobe? Goes perfectly well with almost any look you wish to flaunt. Team it with black jeans and suede ankle boots for an effortless weekend style. Take it for an evening out by throwing it over a pair of skinny leather pants and sky high pumps. Elevate the look with an edgy studded clutch and push the sleeves up to show off an eye catching cuff.
Winters are all about keeping warm; but whilst at that, adding a dash of style never did any harm. Got any favourite picks?
The always chic star gave us another envy inducing look at a recent launch party. Just in time to inspire your own seasonal looks, Olivia offered perfect play on Fall-appropriate party dressing. She looked styled to perfection in her cool-girl black leather skinnies and heels with a punch of a mustard chunky knit. Take a look at our budget picks to recreate Olivia's flawless look:
Fall is here which gives you the perfect excuse to refresh your beauty quotient. As the season ushers in beauty trends like natural makeup, a minimalist vibe, bold and bright colored lips that compliment neutral appearance our beauty bulletin is here to give you tips that will take from day to night in awe inspiring style that’s hard to miss.
A Day to Fall in Love:
A minimalist, glowing complexion with a tad bit of lipstick and eyeliner is all that’s needed to recreate the magic we’ve seen on the runway this season and it’s a great day-time look too. To make your skin look flawless first start by using a concealer on any spots and marks that you may have on your face and if you need more coverage use a powder foundation that feels natural and light on your skin. Then smile, and apply a neutral hade of blush like pink to your cheeks. Next apply a smudge-proof black liner on the upper eyelids. Finish your beauty regime with a neutral lipstick that mimics the natural color of your lips. If lipstick is not your thing, outline your lips with a lip liner and apply a matching shade of lip-gloss. Love they way you look today? Us too.
- Chambor Loose Powder; Shoppers Stop (Rs.995)
- Mac Snob Lipstick (Rs. 1095 approx)
- Ell18 Lip Smoothie; Cosmetix.in (Rs. 80)
- Christian Dior Radiance Concealer; Flipkart.com (Rs. 3278)
- L'Oreal Super Liner; Shoppers Stop (Rs. 695)
- Berry Kiss Lip liner; Jabong.com (Rs. 990)
- Lancome Hypnose Mascara; Jabong.com (Rs. 2249)
- L'oreal Lipstick 'Burning Sunset'; UrbanTouch.com (Rs. 690)
- Maybelline Gel Liner; 365 Gorgeous.in (Rs. 410)
- OPI 'World is nit enough' Nail Polish (Rs. 520 approx)
- Chambor Foundation; Browsecart.com (Rs. 1125 approx)
- Chanel 'Rouge Allure' Lipstick' Strawberry.net (Rs. 2172)
- Booby Brown Pastel Eye Shadow; 365 Gorgeous.in (Rs. 5064)
A Starry Night in Fall:
This season’s punchy lip colors are here to accentuate your lips and make a bold statement on your night-out. Bold lips are Fall’s most democratizing trend, you don’t have to be Gwen Stefani or Dita Von Teese to wear these beautiful red hues. Apply a few dots of foundation on your face and spread it across your face and neck to maintain a constant complexion. Avoid overdoing eye shadow and use shimmery pastel shades on your eyes. A gel liner is a foolproof solution that does not smudge easily. Use a mascara that doesn’t shed easily and really opens up your eyes. Complete your look by applying a sensuous red color to your lips and remember you always have a choice between glossy and matte tones. Go with the one you’re most comfortable with. If red is too bold for you try a plum shade lipstick that will make your lips stand out just the same. Now that you’re ready to dazzle tonight, have some fun by trying on a new Fall nail lacquer and paint the town red!