|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
It won't be long before the weather turns crisp and we start switching our iced frappuccinos for piping hot coffee. While the shift in the beverage choice seems pretty easy, making the summer-to-fall transition for your closet can be a tricky affair. But don't let the fluctuating weather throw you and your closet in a frenzy. To make the crossing over to the cool side a stylish affair, we've rounded up seven great dresses which will look cute and seasonal right now and can be layered up with tights, boots, and sweaters into cool fall looks when temperatures drop. Either way, it's a sure shot way to face the day in style—no matter what the weatherman has to say.
- French Connection Floral Dress (Rs. 5499): Make your favorite floral dress fit for fall by wearing it with a longer cardigan. Cinch both the dress and the cardi with a belt at the waist for a fresh pulled together look that works great for both office and weekend.
- Forever New Maxi Dress at Myntra.com(Rs. 1400): Maxi dress is an ideal transitional piece that you probably already have in your closet. Dress it up for a warm day with a pair of strappy heels and a denim jacket. And as the temperatures drop, add texture and warmth to your look with a thick knit chunky sweater and a pair of walkable booties for an effortless weekend style.
- Mango Printed Dress(Rs. 2790): You know what they say—opposites attract. An edgy leather jacket over a sweet sundress is always a Do in our books. Finish the look with a pair of comfy low heeled ankle boots.
- Silk Dress at Rock.in (Rs. 6099): Prolong the shelf life of your favorite dress by slipping a turtle neck underneath for the cooler days. Add on a few contrasting accessories like a bright oversized clutch to tie the whole look together.
- Forever New Lilly 2 in 1 Dress (Rs. 3600): Not ready to say good bye to your favorite sundress? Get more mileage from your summer dresses by piling on cool-girl accessories like a cozy scarf, a tweed fedora and some textured tights with t-strap heels.
- Mango two tone Dress (Rs. 1790): A simple black blazer will be your foolproof topper for the coming season. Throw it over this dress for a sophisticated yet sporty look that will to seamlessly take you into fall.
- Femella Dress at Myntra.com (Rs. 790): Pairing tall boots with your dress is another great way to keep your summer weather dresses in rotation for fall. Knee high boots eliminate the need for tights and add that extra autumny feel.
- Zara Sweatshirt Dress (Rs. 3390): The cozy sweatshirt material along with the comfy oversized fit makes it the perfect dress for those weird days when you want to look pulled together without getting fussy. Team the dress with sleek ankle booties and leather cuff for laid back chic style.
This was the season of contradictions, first came the sneakers then the fancy t-shirt. The humble t-shirt that used to play second fiddle to to the splashier pieces in your wardrobe has suddenly become the super-star the of fashion elite. Designers are taking the simplest of wardrobe staples to a new, nearly collectible level.
There’s nothing like adding a little bit of whimsy to your closet with a fun graphic tee. Although a jeans and tee combo is still our favorite every day uniform to fall back on, its time to let our T-shirts finally take the lead. And if the street style pictures are any indication, there is more than one way to style up this go-to piece. We especially love the contrast of a casual comfy t-shirt with more dressier pieces. So go ahead and pair yours with everything from denim and diamonds to sleek skirts and skinny pants. Reinvent the stack in your closet or pick your favorite amongst our picks for a casual yet powerful fashion statement:
- Forever 21 Galatic Tiger Tee (Rs. 880):
Answer the call of the wild with this can't-miss-it feline print tee. Keep it fierce all the way by opting for skinny denims and studded loafers during the day. For night time swap your jeans for leather pants and elevate the edginess with a structured clutch and pointy toe pumps.
- Punky Fish T-shirt at Rock.in (Rs. 1199):
The polar opposite of the ferocious tiger print above is this puppy tee. Even if you are not a dog lover , it's impossible to resist the cuteness of this embellished puppy. Balance the playful tee with a short sexy skirt and ankle booties and throw a cardigan over as the temps cool down.
- Zara Jewel Tee (Rs. 2750):
This beauty from Zara is total winner. It feels like a tee but acts all dressed up and sophisticated like a blouse. Parter it with a slim fitted trousers and a blazer for a chic take on evening wear.
- Zara Petit Point T-shirti (1390):
The cross-stich effect of this floral print tee reminds us of Dolce & Gabbana Fall'12 collection. Instead of going for the regular pants-tee combo, tuck this darling up under a long maxi skirt for an elegant look.
- Pepe T-Shirt at Myntra.com (Rs.1299):
Created by designer Isabel Marant, the numbered tee was the 'It' t-shirt of the season. Cash in on the trend with this super cute yet affordable one from Pepe. Wear it like a Parisian with distressed boyfriend jeans, statement necklace and ankle strap heels.
- Mango Skull T-shirt (Rs 1590):
Halloween or no halloween, skull prints have this weird allure about them that draws your attention. And when its a skull all decked up in gold embellishments, its definite show stopper. Glam up the tee by mixing it with a brocade full skirt and your highest heels for an evening out.
It's kind of obvious that we are crazy for all thing lace right now. This week, we continue our lace odyssey with a peek into the fresh new world of lacey accents. Equal parts romantic and daring, traditional lace takes a modern turn for fall with unexpected shapes and trimmings. The season's over-the-top girly accessories reveal the fun in fashion - everything from shoes to jewelry is flourished in luxe lace this season. Here are our picks for an elegant-to-edgy style transition:
When you think of a fabric that makes a woman feel ultra-feminine, ladylike and sexy all at the same time! Lace is the first thing that comes to mind. We saw lace galore on the Spring-Summer runways in soft pastel-colored pieces and this trend continues well into Fall with a darker palette. One of Fall’s most romantic trends, this feminine fabric remains a favourite among designers like Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton and Anna Sui who used lace extensively to add that extra glamour and sex appeal to their collections this year.
Style icons like Kate Middleton, Freida Pinto and Deepika Padukone, made lace ‘the’ quintessential style statement on the red carpet. However, lacey numbers aren’t meant for just romantic evenings, their versatility makes them a great addition to your everyday wardrobe. And we’ve put together a few key looks that make a serious style statement to take you right into Fall.
Black Magic Woman:
The LBD got a makeover this season that’s hard to miss. Opt for an all lace number or just a dash of lace appliqué on your dress. Pair it up with accessories in a contrasting bold color like red and balance your look with a black beaded necklace or ring for that magical night-out.
French Connection Dress (Rs. 5999)
In Vogue Lace Dress at The Vanca.com (Rs. 2199)
Bata Shoes (Rs. 1899)
FabAlley Clutch (Rs. 1250)
Adrika Necklace at Myntra.com (Rs. 595)
Black Ring at Jabong.com (Rs. 1375)
Crème de la Crème:
Take your everyday basics from ordinary to street chic by injecting something special like a sweet lacey number. A fun, fresh and pretty ‘crème de la crème’ day look can be created by wearing a nude lace top with your favourite pair of blue jeans. Add a tad bit of edginess to this feminine look by pairing it with gold buckled accessories like a bracelet and bag to ramp-up your style.
Mango Lace Top (Rs. 2790)
Forever 21 Lace Top (Rs. 850 approx)
Gas Denim at Shoppers Stop (Rs. 3950)
Camel Shoes at Jobong.com (Rs. 749)
Agastya Bracelet at Fabulloso.com (Rs. 3200)
Charles & Keith Handbag at Myntra.com (Rs. 5499)
Green With Envy:
The promise of fall gives us tons of fresh lace options to try out in the coming months. Go for a trendy peplum top or opt for a sexier version in the season’s hottest shade of green. From date night to Saturday night, these lacey tops will heat up your look any day anytime. Partner the top with a pair of black straight leg trousers and platform pumps for an enviably fabulous look that can take you from a day at work to a dinner date. Punctuate the look with a matching pair of tear-drop earrings and a retro style minaudière.
Zara Peplum Lace Top (Rs. 3790) Vero Moda Top (Rs. 1880 approx.) Mango Trousers (Rs. 2290) Forever 21 Tear Drop Earrings (Rs. 300) Tresmode Pumps at Jabong.com (Rs. 2583) Nine West Clutch (Rs. 3500 approx.)
The Modern Coco:
Want to be the embodiment of the modern Coco Chanel? We’ve got just the look for you. Give the traditional black n white peter pan top a style update by wearing it with a cool pair of lace shorts. If you are looking for a more demure option then a knee length skirt is the perfect alternative. Make this look even more chic by adding some structured futuristic accessories instead of the usual pearls. Add in a bright pair of heels to break the monotony of black and white and add that wow factor.
Lace Shorts at Inonit.com (Rs. 1200)
Rajesh Pratap Lace Skirt at Fabulloso.com (Rs. 5950)
Mango Peter Pan Top (Rs. 2790)
Veruschka Clutch at BeStylish.com (Rs. 3700)
Fab Alley Cuff (Rs. 650)
Forever New Earrings (Rs. 500)
Charles & Keith Heels (Rs. 5999)
Never in our wildest dreams did we think, that we would be hunting the web for cool sneakers for a fashion story. But after towering around in impractical sky high heels for ages, it is such a relief to see the fashion world embrace the cool comfort of something more down to earth. Thanks to the cult favorite Isabel Marant high tops, sneakers have become the shoe du jour and we see more n more girls giving them a try outside the gym.
When styled appropriately, sneakers can be a funky alternative your regular flats. Take your cues from the ultra cool street-style crew and pair your casual kicks with everything from laid-back weekend outfits to more feminine pieces. Prepare to up your style game with our selection of these coolly casual lace-ups:
- Nike FiveKay at BeStylish.com (Rs. 1648):
Take your off duty style to the next level with these glam sneaks. Gilded & sleek, these sneakers would feel totally luxe with a pair of white skinny jeans.
- Forever 21 Leopard Sneakers (Rs. 900 approx):
A fun, bold print combined with combined with the ease of sneakers. Wear yours with a voluminous mini and a playful tee.
- Nike Free Run at Myntra.com (Rs. 4346):
Cool sneakers deserve cool complements. Play up the colors in your kicks with an even more dynamic printed pant.
- Adidas Shoes at BeStylish.com (Rs. 2519):
Spice up your all-black look with these bright Adidas sneakers. The vibrant color will add a fashionable accent to the monochrome palette.
- Aldo High Tops (Rs. 5500 approx):
We love the idea of dressing up these trendy and chic black high tops with a delicate flowy skirt.
- FabAlley Game On High tops (Rs.2450):
Brighten up your laid-back wardrobe with a boost of red high tops. Keep the rest of the look low key by pairing your denim with a striped tee & aviator sunglasses.
- Sneakers on Sneakers at Fabulloso.com (Rs. 2250):
Quirky cool at its best. This hand-painted pair with black & white sneaker motifs is a must-have for those seriously playful moments. Team them with your denim cut-offs, a band tee for a day of fun in the sun.
- Puma Shoes at Jabong.com (Rs. 1759):
Give your ensemble an eye-catching finish with the minimalistic design of these Puma shoes.
- Carlton London Sneakers (Rs. 1295):
There is nothing cuter than a super girly-tomboy mix. Pair yours with a flirty floral dress for a Sunday picnic or a day out with the girls.