|FEATURED||NEW||STYLE CLUB||SPOTLIGHT||POST A STYLE|
US Marie Claire accessories director & bonafide street style Goddess 'Taylor Tomasi Hill' was spotted rocking some bright coloured blooms at New York Fashion Week. The purple floral print of her shirt is phenomenal, and we love how she kept the rest of her look low key, opting for skinny jeans and bringing the perfect punch of color with her slick red pumps. Lusting after this look as much as we are? Snag it for a lot less now:
Latin Quarters Shirt at Jabong.com (Rs. 1490)
Zara Skinny Jeans (Rs. 3790)
Mango Handbag (Rs. 6390)
Aldo Pumos (Rs. 5000 approx.)
Shoppers Stop Belt (Rs. 149)
Forever 21 Jeweled Geo Cuff (Rs. 400 approx)
As much as we love a statement piece, it's really the basics that get us through our daily grind. No matter how trendy and au courant we may be there are a few days when you want to just dress up without a fuss. And a simple white button down shirt is the perfect sartorial no-brainer for such dressing up dilemmas - it's one of the most timeless, versatile and elegant pieces that can be dressed up or down. This week we bring you three iterations of our favorite closet staple:
Take your button down to work by pairing it with more trendier pieces in your closet. The shirts lends polish to the printed pants and makes them more work appropriate. A pair of standout earrings and peep toe platforms along with a classic tote punctuate the outfit with sophistication.
Mango Shirt (Rs. 1790)
Zara Print Pants (Rs. 3790)
Forever New Peep Toe Platforms (Rs. 5000)
French Connection Camden Croc Tote (Rs. 4999)
Forever New Stone Earrings (Rs. 600)
DKNY Watch at Shoppers Stop (Rs. 9995)
Instead of the predictable pencil skirt, pair your button-down with a summery flair skirt. Add a cross body bag and a pair of cool sneakers, and you are ready to tackle those weekly errands in style.
Mango Shirt (Rs. 1790)
Forever 21 Circle Skirt (Rs. 900 approx)
Striped Sling Bag at Myntra.com (Rs. 1595)
Forever 21 Fedora Hat (Rs. 600 approx)
COnverse Sneakers at Myntra.com (Rs. 1590)
Charms Bracelet at Shopnineteen.com (Rs. 399)
Try a dressed down approach for a night out by pairing your white shirt with a pair of distressed denim. It's equal parts cool and sassy, especially when you finish it all off with some fierce studded pumps and a sequin bag.
Mango Shirt (Rs. 1790)
Forever 21 Distressed Denim (Rs. 1500 approx)
Aldo Pumps (Rs. 5000 approx)
FabAlley Sequin Bag (Rs.3650)
Maybelline Lipstick 'Pleasure Me Red' (Rs. 310)
Shoppers Stop Studded Bangle (Rs. 490)
What we thought of as a passing frenzy has come to establish itself as a major trend. There is no denying that the printed pants trend is far from over. From the runways to the streets, these fabulously fresh pants have claimed their place amongst the hottest trends of the year and like everyone else, we too are swooning over these eclectic pants. The graphic-print bottoms are dramatically bold, super versatile and trendy enough to take you from summer well into the autumn season.
The busy prints can be a bit overwhelming so when it comes to styling your dazzling bottoms opt for simpler pieces, letting your printed pants do all the leg work for you. Playful and colorful, our selection of these eye-catching bottoms will help you end your summer with a bang and enter the new season with a pep in your step:
- Shop Nineteen Divine Sash Pants (Rs. 1099): A scarf like paisley pattern proves what’s good for your neck is great for your gams. For a season appropriate evening ensemble, don sleek heels, a black top and a statement spike necklace to offset the loud trouser print.
- Mango Paisley Print Trousers (Rs. 2790): For those of us who love the classic black & white pairing but are looking for something chic & interesting, enter the paisley printed pant. For a work appropriate polished look, team it with a fitted black button down and a pair of low heeled sling backs preferably in black. Amp up the trousers for an evening soiree by swapping the black button down with a sheer balck chiffon top and a higher heel in a brighter hue like a siren red or fierce fuchsia.
- Zara Bulldog Print Trousers (Rs. 2390): One-part sporty, one-part bold, and one-part quirky, these bulldog printed trousers (they have another one in owl print) make for a playful and unique weekend alternative. We are dying to pair them with a slouchy tee and a pair of patent leather loafers.
- Vero Moda Houndstooth Trousers (Rs. 3000 approx): The earthy tones of this houndstooth pattern below leaves plenty of room for bold color up top. Try pairing it with a band tee and embellished sandals for the day, or with a dressy tank and heels for an evening out.
- Mango Diffused Print Trousers (Rs. 2290): The classic tailoring of these pants balances out a daring, somewhat loud print. Keep it sophisticated for the day with a simple white tee and ballet flats & elevate the outfit to an evening status with a healthy dose of sparkle in a casual silhouette like a black sequin tank. Remember to keep your accessories understated and ultra-chic to pull off the print & glitz combo.
- Rock In Print Trousers (Rs. 2799): An abstract minuscule print in a subtle hue makes these printed pants just polished enough for your 9-to-5 routine. Ideal with a blousy top and a lightweight blazer during the day, these pants can transition seamlessly into your evening affairs by just switching your everyday work heels with a pair of chunky platform sandals and a bold clutch.
- Zara Jacquard Loom Trousers (Rs. 3790): Feeling the printed trend, but not necessarily the bold colors? Ty these jacquard finish pants - the slight shimmer makes them festive but the muted color palette keeps them appropriate for day wear. Let the pants take center stage by teaming them with a black silk blouse and a pair of sleek pumps. For an edgier evening out, partner them with another print in a similar color scheme and finish off with a pair of sexy cage heels to add intrigue to your look.
- Promod Print Trousers (Rs. 2290 approx): The gorgeous color scheme and groovy print of these pants will take you anywhere from a weekend brunch to an evening of bar hopping with friends. For a more casual vibe go with a bright blue sleeveless top, a armful of mixed bracelets and a preppy cross body bag. To dress up your printed look, opt for a silky top in a darker hue, a pair of metallic heels and a chunky statement necklace.
Which of these pants are you dying to own? What would you wear them with? Do tell.
As much as we love glamorous red carpet sightings, its the dressed down style setters that always have our undivided attention, simply because we are always on the look out for street style that's both coolly crafted and easy to re-create. Actress Amrita Puri was recently spotted at an event looking effortlessly glam.
This insanely chic look is a fresh take on the ubiquitous jeans & top style. We adore the sweet flounce of her peplum top and the way it punched up her soft hued skinnies. The snake skin shoulder bag and the statement necklace sealed the deal on this slick outfit. Shop our wallet friendly picks to channel Amrita's cool gal style:
The runways this season might have been swept by the technicolor revolution, there is rarely a wardrobe staple as versatile as white denim. Sophisticated yet sexy; crisp yet relaxed, white denim in all its minimal glory is the fastest way to dress fresh for the season. From peplum tops to bold colors and prints, we recommend you mix this modern classic with anything and everything all season long. It’s so easy to embrace this summer must-have and we’ve got just the right looks to inspire your white obsession.
Ultra Splendid, Ultra White:
Look ultra splendid this summer by pairing your white skinny jeans with a unique printed top and some glittering bold accessories. Baroque prints are in for Fall and this is the best time to mix and match clothing from both seasons. If you have a flare for the dramatic, pair a bold colored contrasting handbag with your top or rock a geometric cocktail ring that accentuates your attire.
Vince Camuto Jeans (Rs 1548 at Junglee.com)
Mango Baroque Print Blouse (Rs. 2790)
Murcia Handbag (Rs. 1500 at Myntra.com)
Bella Platform Heels (Rs. 4600 at Forever New)
Forever 21 Cocktail Ring (Rs. 250)
Gloria Bangle (Rs. 499; Yepme.com)
A Date with Black & White:
A classic pair of slim-fit white jeans can be glammed-up for a flirtatious look on a date night. Simply pair a black peplum top with white jeans. Add a red-hot pair of pumps with animal inspired jewelry and a sleek gold clutch. Punctuate with a luscious lipstick and you’re bound to feel the love.
Casual Friday Here I Come:
If you’re in the mood to keep things casual there’s no better way than mixing denim from your wardrobe. Tuck in a fitted blue denim shirt with a pair of white skinnies and a cool black belt. Complete the look with some wardrobe staples like a pair of over sized sunnies, black booties and your reliable black tote.
Bebe Icon Skinny Jeans (Rs. 4600 at Majorbrands.in)
Denim Shirt (Rs. 980 at Shoppers Stop)
Mari Tote (Rs. 3340 approx at Accessorize)
Naughty Nice Peep Toe Booties (Rs. 2850 at FabAlley.com)
Vogue Sunglasses (Rs. 4390 at Myntra.com)
PepperFry Black Belt (Rs. 749)
Fierce & Bright & All things White:
On a day out-n-about with girlfriends carry a fun, fierce and easy look by pairing your relaxed white denim with an animal print tee. Keep the look summery and chic with a pair of metallic sandals, gold cuff and a convertible clutch.
Promod Trousers (Rs. 2000)
Mango Animal Print Tee (Rs. 1590)
Rachna Reddy Clutch (Rs. 5300 at 3Closets.com)
Nine West Metallic Sandals (Rs. 1800 approx)
Forever New Ring (Rs. 600)
China Glaze 'Up All Night' Nail Paint (Rs. 500)
Greece on my Mind:
Add a punch of color and revamp your work attire by wearing your white jeans with a bright colored shirt. A structured blazer and a classic shoulder bag makes the outfit feels polished enough for the office. Now all you need is some playful peep toe pumps and a Grecian necklace that makes a statement so you’re ready for both work n play.
Diesel Get Legg Skinny Jeans (Rs.6600)
Forever New Shirt (Rs. 2400)
Mango Blazer (Rs. 2900)
Forever 21 Shoulder Bag (Rs.1500 approx)
FabAlley Peep Toe Pumps (Rs. 2000)
Accessorize Necklace (Rs. 2000 approx)