Along with longer days in the sun, iced coffees, and fresh flowers, our favorite part of Spring is a closet refresh. Shelving our Winter wares means there's more closet space for this season's essentials — and with our 2014 Spring trends on the top of mind, we're reevaluating our basics with a fresh set of eyes. The secret to being the It-girl this season is surprisingly simple: just combine a carefree attitude with an edgy-meets-sophisticated take on current trends. We’ve narrowed the search down to the key pieces you’ll want to invest in for an easy breezy style update this season:
- Tunic Dress (Rs. 7990: Every girl needs a pretty white dress in her Summer artillery. We love this Mango Dress for its versatility factor. Dress them up with heels or dress them down with flats, and the overlay detailing is a special touch.
- Pleated skirt (Rs. 2595): A punchy print puts a spring in our step. We plan on wearing this feminine style with a classic button-up blouse and skinny ankle boots. Alternatively, layer an embellished, collared blouse underneath a black sweatshirt for a cheeky, schoolgirl touch, and slip on a pair of metallic kicks for a casual outfit with heaps of cool-chick appeal.
- Statement Tee (Rs. 1890): Our love affair with the fancy t-shirt is showing no signs of cooling. This tee will be both the casual counter to our pencil skirt at the office and the dressed-up option to top my boyfriend jeans on weekends.
- Striped Tee (Rs. 1000 approx): You can take a striped classic tee anywhere. Its chic enough to work into many a workday outfit - just tuck it into pencil skirt and wear it under blazer with confidence. Or mix it up with slouchy floral pants and flat sandals for a chic downtown look.
- Boyfriend Jeans (Rs. 3500 approx) With just the right amount of slouch, you can dress these jeans up or down! Go all the way by topping it with an equally sun-stained chambray top for a day of browsing the shops and early afternoon cocktails. For evening skip the shirt in favor of a simple white tee, fierce metallic heels and a statement necklace.
- Denim Shirt (Rs. 1600): There is nothing as versatile and layer-friendly as this classic button-down - it’s a true outfit chameleon. Team with a pencil skirt for your 9-5 routine, wear it casually with printed denim over the weekend or go for an unexpected pairing with a metallic skirt and heels for the evening.
- Bucket bag (Rs. 4590): Looking for a new bag to carry all your worldly possessions? Fashion forward and entirely effortless, we can think of nothing easier or quite so cool as toting this carefree shape all season.
- Slip-on Sneakers (Rs. 4800 approx): For fashion-lovers who are all about standing out, this shoe is for you. Leopard print on sneakers is the pinnacle of glam and comfort. Wear them everywhere except for maybe athletic activities.