When the sun starts to go down a little earlier, and the sky starts to look a little bit grayer, bold pops of color are a great boost of vitality to both your wardrobe and your day. And this season, we've got our eye on one stunner of a hue: Cobalt - the official color of spring 2014. Electric, androgynous and bold – cobalt is a bolder shade of navy—still chic yet a bit more playful. Royal blue made an appearance on the Spring Summer runways on pants, coats, bags and shoes featured by Jenny Packham, Bottega Veneta and Saint Laurent to name a few. The color has translated with ease onto the streets making it a trend to watch out for the next season.
This is a trend, which every fashionista can indulge in effortlessly by digging into your closet for long-lost pieces of blue. If you are looking to make a purchase, then invest in a beautiful, tailored coat while the safe ones can go with formal blue trousers which will never go out of style. For those who wish to make a statement, do pick up sky-high heels in the stunning hue to offset or color block with your outfits and for those who are not a big fan of the color can pick up a nail color or a scarf to give your outfit a striking finishing touch with the color of the season. Here are a few of our favourite picks in the online and retail markets for you:
- Zara Coat (Rs. 4,990): This short cross over trench coat from Zara is a must-have in any wardrobe. It will look great styled with a white shirt, black leggings and boots as also over a pretty floral dress. The cut and length of this jacket makes it versatile to be paired with everything.
- Forever 21 Dress (Rs. 850 approx):We absolutely love this velveteen body-con dress in this gorgeous shade of blue. Wear this dress with contrasting heels and clutch on a party night or layer it with a kimono cardigan and a floppy hat for a casual day gig.
- Forever New Top (Rs. 2800): A simple and casual blouse is a must-have in this sultry weather. Pair it with denim shorts and a sling bag to run errands or wear it tucked into a pencil skirt for a casual friday look at office. You can also dress up or dress down this top with statement or delicate accessories.
- Envelope Clutch (Stalkbuylove.com; Rs. 849):Wear this envelope clutch in style with your day or night outfits. It is big enough to fit all your makeup essentials and small enough to not hold you down while always looking chic. We would love to see it worn at an office party or at a quick business meeting.
- Cheap Monday Oxfords (asos.com Rs. 5963): We are totally obsessed wi†h oxfords this time of our fashion year and it was the cherry on the cake when we spotted these beauties in this delectable shade of blue. Wear these oxfords with cropped pants and a casual jumper for a street look or wear them with a pretty girly dress to add a touch of androgyny to your look.
- Blue Trousers (Koovs.com; Rs. 1,999):These skinny fit trousers are a fabulous find and are suitable to be worn at any occasion. Wear these with a casual tee or a formal blazer and you are sure to make a chic statement. We love the fit, the zipper detail and the fact that they are priced so affordably.
And Suddenly feeling blue isn’t such a bad thing! Add a bit of royal blue to your wardrobe to stay on trend for the coming season. Some of you daring fashionistas might also want to experiment with a strong blue mascara and eyeliner which is also very much in vogue, as are blue highlights for the hair. Make the trend your own and have lots of fun with it.