Designers were looking through rose colored glasses when it came to Fall 2013. Pink swept the Fall 2013 runways to become the undisputed shade of the season. From bubblegum pink at Carven to petal pink at Burberry, the girlish hue dominated the runways and took center stage on everything from ankle-strap heels to polished outerwear. Pink's modern allure is sans preciousness and delicately delivered with a new ladylike purity via modern silhouettes and streamlined details. Keep you pinks in-line and go for a head-to-toe look or mix and match different shades of the posh palette with a neutral basic to ground the ensemble. To keep things from going too girly, choose pieces that are refined and not frou frou, cut the sugar factor with accessories that daunt always play nice. We have shortlisted a few of our favorite pieces in the girly-glam color:
- Zara Clutch (Rs. 1390): A pale pink clutch is more understated and works unexpected magic. Take it with a black outfit for maximum impact or use it to punctuate a pretty pink outfit.
- Forever 21 Sweater (Rs. 1550): This slouchy pink sweater looks invariably cool and of-the-moment. Tuck it into your pants or throw it over a midi skirt, the options are endless.
- Forever 21 Dress: One step above peach, this delicate blush shade is perfect for all neutral wardrobes. Pair ladylike lace with pop art extras like neon pumps and a statement cuff to keep things all grown up and sophisticated.
- Forever New Top (2600): If you're looking to get the most out of your revived love for pink, we suggest getting this sweet lace paneled top. It will look great peeking from underneath a jacket or by itself with a darker hued skirt or pants.
- Koovs Skirt(Rs.1295): Just because it's bright pink doesn't mean you have to look like a Barbie! Stay away from clichés by balancing the shade with simple, menswear-inspired pieces. Team this skirt with a chunky balck knit and black ankle booties.
- Reiss Saffi (2290):These pants hit the sweet spot between girly and bohemian. Team them with an oversized sweater in the same hue or go for a burgundy shade on top.
In case you’re not terribly excited about incorporating the so called girly hue into your wardrobe, a pastel pink lip or a pink scarf will do the trick nicely this fall, especially when wearing basic black and white.